PDA

View Full Version : could I have lost less on this one?

jstnrgrs
10-18-2003, 11:52 PM
First I'd like to thank those of you who have responded to my posts in the past, and those of you who will respond in the future. I've noticed a great improvement in my game since I started posting here. Now for the hand.

Party 1/2 (a new level for me)
I'm on the button with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG+1 calls, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, MP3 reraises, I cap (should I have just called, or perhapse folded?), blinds fold, UTG+1 calls, EP1 folds, EP2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

FLOP: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG+1 bets, called to me, I raise, UTG+1 3-bets, everyone calls.

TURN: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 bets, MP2 folds, MP3 valls, I fold.

Did I take this one too far?

Brian
10-18-2003, 11:59 PM
No, in fact, you did not take it far enough. I am sure others will elaborate but you definitely should not be folding your overpair, especially in a pot that is this big.

-Brian

Bob T.
10-19-2003, 12:26 AM
1) Yes you can fold this preflop, if you think that your opponents would only three bet with AA, or KK. At 1-2 with some opponents that is a definate possibility.

2) If I counted the pot correctly, you were getting 19 to 1 to call on the turn to try and spike a queen. you need 22 to 1, if one of your opponents shows you a hand, where you will need to spike a queen on the river to win. I think that you can make up the other bets, with a raise on the river if you do hit. You went this far, you may as well see the river especially when it is going to be for just one bet.