PDA

View Full Version : Did I play QQ correctly here?

creedofhubris
10-18-2003, 10:11 PM
I'm in EP and open-raise with QQ. Two callers, both loose players who like to check-raise and who are not straightforward betters, they tend to be aggressive. Blinds fold. Flop comes
7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I'm not going to play scared of JT, and I definitely think that one of them might have a ten and draw to it. So I decide to check-raise here. (A mistake? Both might check and get a free card, which would be awful.) Anyway, I check, player to my left bets, next player raises (?), I three bet, both players call (?!)

Turn comes [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, completing the rainbow. I don't like this one bit, but I come out firing. Both players call (?).

River is T/images/graemlins/club.gif. I curse my fate, and check. Both other players check.

One shows 6/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif for the low end of the straight, taking down the pot. The other player had 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif for two pair on the flop.

I'm not sure if the check raise was good with a) only two other players and b) two raises already at that point.