PDA

View Full Version : This is how good I'm running

ElSapo
10-18-2003, 07:42 PM
UTG with kings - one red, one black.

I limp. UTG+1 raises, folded to the BB who calls, I three-bet, he caps and BB calls two more. Capped and three-way to the flop.

Flop is little-little-little. BB checks, I bet and they call.

Turn is little. BB checks, I bet and they call.

River is little. Same action.

UTG+1 had AA.

conform
10-18-2003, 07:49 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not in your post, but I think it's worth pointing out that there is pretty much no way that UTG+1 is going to convince you that you're beat without you putting in at least 2 more BB after your flop bet, so this hand worked out great for you: you were totally dominated, drawing to two outs, and you paid the absolute minimum to find out. This is in every sense a Good Thing.

I'm half convinced that you know this and you're pointing it out, but people get tweaky about this sort of thing often enough that I don't mind spelling it for them anyway.

ElSapo
10-18-2003, 07:53 PM
I wasn't happy, but I sure wasn't sad either.

He did me a favor, I know it.

ElSapo
10-18-2003, 08:18 PM
QQ in middle position. Folded to me, I raise and only the BB calls.

Flop is Q32, and I decide this is the perfect time to slowplay. He checks, I check.

Turn is a 2, he checks and I bet. He calls.

River is a jack, and we go to war. It's capped, and he wins.

Both these hands happened within 90 minutes of one another.

For the record, I wasn't happy at how either of these hands turned out -- but I'm well aware I could/should have lost significantly more on each one.

So, rough day. Could have been worse.

antidan444
10-18-2003, 09:13 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to suffer when he showed his pair of deuces. I re-read the post, and it took a couple seconds before I relaized that's what your opponent had to have, and all I could do was cringe.

Hope your luck changes.

slavic
10-18-2003, 09:25 PM
El Sapo-

Man you have found the perfect opponent.