PDA

View Full Version : JT, his Red Sox cap, Ocean's 11 and a maniac.

Joe Tall
10-18-2003, 04:42 PM
4/8 w/Kill at Ocean's 11 last night.

I didn't get to the Bronx on Thursday, my friend was unwilling to pay over $1000 for a ticket, I nearly payed for half of his as my Party Poker full withdrawal came in quickly w/direct deposit. I still think it would have been worth it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I flew out to San Diego yesterday and, ah, well, went straight to Oceanside w/my brother /images/graemlins/blush.gif. I'm out here for 1.5 weeks which will end w/his wedding in Mexico. $400 win last night, great way to start a vacation. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I had a perfect seat. The order of players to my right was maniac, weak-tight rock, super-nut-maniac, and everyone to my left were weak-call stations. The 2 maniacs played every hand for 1 bet and most hands for 2 or 3. They went to war with each other several times keeping the kill live as they won small pots from each other.

This hand was vs. the super-nut (the other maniac just happen to be away from his seat at this time). The hand was well into a session where I had an image of the aggressive player who was slowly building a mountain of chips which began when I posted in the BB and was dealt AA on my 1st hand. 2 limps and the weak-tight rock raised on the button and I 3-bet, the limpers fold, the rock 4-bets as the most of the table says, "capped!" and I say to the dealer, "heads up right?", he says, "yes" and I 5-bet! The super-nut sat back and said, "well, well, welcome to the table!". I won the showdown vs. KK. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was a real fun, talkitive, table and I was getting 'donation' river calls as the table felt bad for the Red Sox Season ticket holder as I had my cap on. (PS I have World Series tix for sale a Fenway, PM me /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

The super-nut has open-raised w/86s, 3-bet w/QJo, any-Ace, any-KING!?! and cold calls w/any 2-suited, and bluff raises way too much folding on later streets; to give you a read on his *ahem* standards. I've also witness him limp-re-raise and limp-cap w/rags while stating, "We are here to gamble!" He has bought in for over $500 and seems to have an endless wad of Benji's in his pocket. I can see how mike l. makes his living here. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We are on the Kill (8/16) I'm in the SB w/A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

All fold to the super-nut who raises, Weak-tight folds, I 3-bet, BB folds, Kill Blind folds (always last to act here), super-nut 4-bets, I decide I'm going to represent AA/KK and 5-bet, the super-nut says, "oh no" and calls.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, the super-nut raises, I've seen him play an Ace this way so I'm thinking my K-kicker is good. I 3-bet and the super-nut calls.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, the super-nut raises, I've picked a Mexican-trailer-truck full of outs and 3-bet. The super-nut calls.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, the super-nut looks at this cards and says, "I got you now" and raises (now, I've seen him do this twice already to different players on a stone cold-bluff river raise, only to have the other player call w/a better hand (one time the nut flush (great table)) and he even stated the same "I got you..." statement). I stick to my plan and 3 bet, the super-nut sits back in his seat, looks at his cards and says, "ah, no I don't" and folds.

Is there anyone in their right mind who would play this hand this way? Granted, I started to accumlate more outs on the turn and won the hand but at one point I was doubting my read on the super-nut and knew I was beat. I'm glad I stuck to my plan because the nut said, "you've got the Aces eh?, I folded A7 /images/graemlins/blush.gif." I said, "next time, call", and there was a next time, btw and he called my winner all the way down. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pats 15, Miami 14,
JT

PS: the weather is great! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike Gallo
10-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Joe,

I see you switched from the Red-Sox logo to the Patriots logo. Good idea.

Enjoy your trip. Enjoy the sun, when you get back to our area Indian summer will have ended.

Oh, the hands looked good.
Keep posting trip reports.

MaxPower
10-18-2003, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't play it that way, but then again I'm not JT.

It alway amazes me the hands these super-nuts are willing to throw away.

Joe Tall
10-18-2003, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It alway amazes me the hands these super-nuts are willing to throw away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or make it 4 bets prelfop vs. a tight-aggressive player!

Peace,
JT

Sam Rolstein
10-19-2003, 02:36 AM
two word's - Aaron Boone

GuyOnTilt
10-19-2003, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
JT, his Red Sox cap, Ocean's 11 and a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]
His initials were JT too???

RockLobster
10-19-2003, 05:52 AM
Holy cow, I wish I had the cojones to play that way (once in a while)... nicely done!

Joe Tall
10-19-2003, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His initials were JT too??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely done. I laughed out loud. This is the only time I've ever played an Ace high hand like this but it felt right.

Peace,
JT