PDA

View Full Version : Monterey, CA?

over_c
10-17-2003, 11:38 PM
What are some of the best cardrooms near Monterey? I will be out there on business next month, and though I would try my hand at some of the CA cardrooms. I am mostly interested in playing lower limit (4-8 or lower) games.

Thanks.

over_c
10-19-2003, 11:39 AM
Ok then. I guess no one knows of any card rooms near Monterey. Does anyone know how I might find out for myself? I think I found a website once that listed card rooms in CA, but I don't remember what it was. Any help?

FeliciaLee
10-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Maybe if you try www.pokerpages.com (http://www.pokerpages.com) and click on the directory you will find something close. I know there are cardrooms in the SF area, but I don't know if anything is as far out as Monterey.

Good luck!

David
10-19-2003, 05:55 PM
I am pretty sure San Jose has the closest cardrooms. About 1:30 to 2:00 hours away.

Phat Mack
10-19-2003, 06:40 PM
The last time I was there, I looked in the yellow pages and found a couple of small rooms in a town a few miles from there. (Seaside? Marina?) They seemed like 2 or 3-table joints that might be kinda interesting. They both advertised hold 'em and draw lowball. I ended up in a one-pocket game in a beautiful pool hall called Bow Tie Billiards (Easy Street Billiards) and never got to check them out.