PDA

View Full Version : AQ NLHE hand.

Acesover8s
10-17-2003, 04:06 PM
.50-1.00 NLHE game. Game has been very passive preflop with good pots postflop. I limp second in with AcQc. 4 players call. Everybody agree I should have raised here?

Flop comes 66Q rainbow. Small blind bets out for $10 into a $6 pot. Now, usually I would muck my hand here against a solid player, but this player has previously bet his AJ no pair flop turn and river into a scary board, so I know he can bluff, but I haven't been at the table long enough to know the frequency.

I decide to call and see what the turn brings. No one else comes in. The turn is an offsuit Ace. He bets all in for his remaining 33$. Whats my play?

Scottnyce
10-17-2003, 05:08 PM
I would have raised his flop bet...made it $20 to go, if he pushes all in let it go....as I've read over and over on this site....."don't go broke on an unraised pot" its a tough call.

I would call the all in raise and make him show me his JJ

1800GAMBLER
10-17-2003, 11:20 PM
Preflop raise is game dependant, i agree with the M&S limit advice in NL here.

Meanwhile, I need more of a read on the flop than to see the turn and go from there; i want a plan, smootcall or fold now; ahead or behind. But against an unknow player it just looks too easily like two pair. If he played it tricky and doesn't have trips he deserves to be payed, meanwhile you'll be paid off more often than not against unknown players playing this way at .5/1.

Utah
10-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Maybe I am a wimp, but I would have folded on the flop. His preflop bet says set trips, AA, KK, QQ, Q,K, Q,A or bluff.

I doubt the bluff here with 3 to act behind and 6,6 on the board. Plus, a 6 is more likely in the small blind.

So he gets called. If he is bluffing, he must fear a 6 or a Q,K or Q,A type of hand since there is zero draw. So he is going to fire the second barrel into that?

Of course, he could be irrational or very good and a little fearless (since he knows you are very unlikely to have a 6). But still, why get involved? Lets say he is bluffing, you still have 2 to act behind you that could have a 6.

My guess is 666 or Q,A

tewall
10-18-2003, 12:59 AM
He's pretty much betting the pot, so you should call if you think it's better than a 1 in 3 chance that he is bluffing. If you think it's less, fold. If you don't know, flip a coin.

Aside from your decision on the turn, your call on the flop doesn't make sense unless you already suspect he's bluffing. When you called the flop, given your description of him, you must have expected him to bet again on the turn. So if you're going to call the flop, call the turn. Otherwise fold on the flop.