PDA

View Full Version : AK when flop gets capped.

MrG
10-17-2003, 03:22 PM
I am SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP limps, MP raises, LP calls, I reraise, limper calls, MP caps, everyone calls.

FLOP:
Q 8 5 rainbow

I am thinking if preflop capper has AA or KK I am drawing dead. and if he has QQ i am pretty much drawing dead. Everyone checks to the capper who bets we all call one.
TURN:
3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif a blank I check-fold.

Is this too weak? too passive? my base decision on AKo if flop doesn't hit is to stay around for the turn for a bet. But in this case I was questioning myself?
Also thanks to all for the butt-kicking at the twoplustwo table the other night. I was on tilt after having a few bad sessions over the past week and figured if I am gonna give $20 bucks away I would rather donate there then to some guy with 82o at the .5/1 on Party. -MrG

J.R.
10-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Unless I have seen MP get out or line of the game is nuts I probably play it the same. Few players will cap a 3-bet from the blinds with multiple players without a hand that has you drawing thin or dead here. The pot is laying you 12-1, but that's not enough to draw against KK, although with implied odds it may be close (even though an A will get you in trouble sometimes as well).

I suppose he could have JJ or AKs, but I don't think you see those hands enough to call here, especially given the presence of 2 other players.