PDA

View Full Version : Flopped nuts, did I play too scared?

DocHollyday
10-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Following 10/20 hand:

I start in middle position with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Four players (including SB and BB) with one player after me.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Blinds check, I bet, player after me raises. SB calls, BB folds I just call with intention for a check raise on the turn.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Blind check, I check, LP bets, blind calls, I raise, both call.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Blind checks, and I check too, being suddenly a bit worried about the possible flush. LP checks too and I take down the pot.

Do you guys think I should have bet the river? As additional information I should say that the LP is a very weak and loose player who raises almost every pot preflop (I've seen him done this with 35s and A3off).

Thanks for advice.

RollaJ
10-17-2003, 08:18 AM
bet/call a raise

andyfox
10-17-2003, 12:52 PM
How did you know player behind you would bet the turn? Lots of guys raise in last position with 4-flushes or other draws on the flop to take a free card if they don't improve.

OK, now he bets the turn according to plan and you check-raise. Since he bet, it's unlikely he has a flush draw. It's more likely the blind has one, but now he checks the river. The player behind you is, by your description, weak and loose. The kind who will just show down on the river when a scare card comes, but the kind who will also call rather than be bluffed out of a big pot.