PDA

View Full Version : Any Opinions On My Play Good or Bad?

Sven
10-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Seat 5&6 SB/BB, Seat7,8 call I'm Seat9 with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif I call, Seats 10,1 both call & seat3 folds, SB calls & BB checks.

Flop A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB/BB both check, Seats 7,8 both check also, I Bet, Seats 10,1 both call, SB/BB Fold, Seat 7 calls and Seat 8 Folds.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 7 checks, I bet, Seat10 folds, Seat1 Raises and is all-in, Seat7 folds, I call.

River 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

*** SHOW DOWN ***
SvenCool: shows [Kh Ac] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
Captain-Jay: shows [5h 8h] (a straight, Four to Eight)

Did I go wrong by not betting pre-flop? Any suggestions would be great thanks...

Mike

Ed Miller
10-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Did I go wrong by not betting pre-flop? Any suggestions would be great thanks...

Yes. I suggest that you raise with AK every time you get it if it is only one bet to you. You should also 3-bet with it usually if it is two bets to you.

slavic
10-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Once he saw the flop you were set to lose this hand. Thankfully he was short stacked.

Raise pre-flop. If he calls, you will still lose in this case, but you really don't mind so much if he's calling double bets to play these hands. You have a great hand pre-flop raise it. You'll win quite a few more times with it and make a good bit more money.

Sven
10-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Thanks Major Just wanted to confirm my own thoughts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sven
10-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Thanks Dude, I never use to bet pre-flop and I have been getting better at betting them good hands before, but I slipped on this one. Lesson learned /images/graemlins/smile.gif