PDA

View Full Version : Super 7

Homer
10-16-2003, 03:38 PM
<font color="blue">Hand 1</font>

I'm dealt Kh 2s in the SB. CO limps, I complete, BB checks.

Flop - 8s Ad Kc

I bet, CO calls.

Turn - 7d

I bet, CO calls.

River - 4d

I check, CO checks (7s 6s).

<font color="blue">Hand 2</font>

I'm dealt 9h 5s in the BB. MP and button limp, I check.

Flop - Ts 9s 4c

I bet, both call.

Turn - 4d

Checked around.

River - 6c

Checked around. (MP - Ah Qd, button - Ks 7d)

<font color="blue">Hand 3</font>

I'm dealt 55 in the SB. Three limpers, I complete, BB checks.

Flop - 5h 8h 2d

I bet, three callers.

Turn - 9h

I bet, raise, fold, coldcall, I call.

River - Js

I check, bet (7c 7h), call (Ah 9s), I call.

<font color="blue">Hand 4</font>

I'm dealt A5c on the puck. Three limpers, I limp, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop - Jd 9h Ah

Four checks, PTMR bets, I raise, BB coldcalls and PTMR calls.

Turn - Ks

Checked to me, I bet, both call.

River - 4h

Checked to me and I check it through. (BB - Qd 9c, PTMR - Ts Jh)

<font color="blue">Hand 5</font> (Don't ever call me weak-tight again!)

I'm dealt QQ in MP. EP1 and EP2 limp, I raise, MP2 reraises, LAP button coldcalls (BB from hand 4), EP1 folds, EP2 coldcalls, I cap and all call. Four to the flop.

Flop - 7h 5s 7c

I bet and all call.

Turn - 5c

I bet and all call.

River - Tc

I bet and all call. (EP2 - AJh, MP2 - JJ, LAP - KK)

<font color="blue">Hand 6</font>

I'm dealt As Th three off the button. One limper, I raise, SB and limper call.

Flop - Qh 3s Jc

Checked to me and I check it through.

Turn - Kc

Rest of the hand plays itself...

<font color="blue">Hand 7</font>

I'm dealt Ks Qc in the BB. UTG limps, MP poster checks, button limps, SB completes and I check.

Flop - 4h 9d Tc

SB and I check, UTG bets, MP raises, I check-three-bet, UTG folds and MP calls.

Turn - Jh

I bet, MP calls.

River - 3s

I bet, MP calls (9s 8h).

-- Homer

MaxPower
10-16-2003, 03:54 PM
I have some questions on hand 1 and 7. The others I have no problems with.

In hand 1 - I normally wouldn't complete with this hand. After that, I think you played fine.

In hand 7 - I know you have a lot of outs, but is it worth 3 betting? Betting the flop would be preferable to me.

Homer
10-16-2003, 04:06 PM
In hand 1 - I normally wouldn't complete with this hand. After that, I think you played fine.

I've been experimenting a little more with completing with Ax and Kx after a single loose limper, and so far it has been working fairly well. Something I failed to mention is that the limper in this hand played almost every hand.

What do you think about the river? Pros to betting were that my opponent would probably call with any pair, but would not bet himself if checked to. Cons were that he might have a better K or an A, and might check behind with these hands (he seemed quite passive), and that he might take a stab at the pot with a hand with which he would not call (I realize I said that he seemed passive, but my read wasn't 100%, and besides sometimes the play of these people is quite erratic).

In hand 7 - I know you have a lot of outs, but is it worth 3 betting? Betting the flop would be preferable to me.

I was thinking that by check-raising I could clean up my overcard outs, whereas if I bet hands like K4, Q4, K9, Q9, and all kinds of gutshot straight draws would call. After a bet and a raise, I thought about just coldcalling, but the raiser was quite aggressive (as you can see from the results), and I felt that I might be able to knock the initial bettor off of the presently best hand, and one which might be taking some of my outs.

I don't know if this was the correct play.

-- Homer

LondonBroil
10-16-2003, 04:11 PM
In Hand 3 I probably would have 3-bet to charge the coldcaller. I would have thought they had the A or K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and even if they already did have it I could have filled up on the river.

Is this horrible?

J.R.
10-16-2003, 04:13 PM
Hand 1: I would bet the river unless I thought CO would tricky open-limp with an A, which I wouldn't expect of most opponents.

Hand 2: I like the turn card for firing another barrel given you come from the blinds so a 4 is possible. I don't like inducing a bluff on the river as i think A high can calls here. The bet check bet sequence always raises the antenna.

Hand 3: Same.

Hand 4: Same.

Hand 5: I may or may not cap preflop, depending on how aggressive the game was. Make some player notes after this one /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hand 6: I often don't raise if the limper is tight pre-flop but tenacious post-flop or if the game is loose since there's a lot of company that could join you and your marginal hand, otherwise I raise and play it the same.

Hand 7: Yikes. There must be some history here, but even then, I dunno. Maybe shorthanded against weak nutty opponents? Ask dayrn, he apparently pulls this move off in sh games.

Homer
10-16-2003, 04:16 PM
No, not horrible at all. I was hoping someone would comment on that play. Clearly I'm ahead of the coldcaller, so even if I'm only ahead of the raiser a small percentage of the time, I should three-bet. While playing the hand, I wasn't sure that I was ahead even a small percentage of the time. Both draws came in, and most low-limit players, in my experience, won't raise here with a pair and the Ah/Kh against multiple opponents (I see it often HU, though). Also, many players won't even raise with two-pair here. Clearly, against this opponent (who raised me with a pair of sevens, a gutshot straight draw, and a weak flush draw) three-betting is always correct.

-- Homer

J.R.
10-16-2003, 04:19 PM
I agree about the coldcaller, but what do you think about the raiser, as Doh's flop bet from EP into a crowd on a 2-flush board is often consistent with a flush draw, so what is he raising Doh with if he makes this fairly common read?

LondonBroil
10-16-2003, 04:30 PM
I would expect LL players to raise this kind of board with the 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, the 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 67, 34 (if they're clueless), 10J, 2 hearts, a set, or 2-pair.

I don't usually assume a flush draw from an EP flop bet. I usually think it's a strong hand like 2-pair that wants to try and make people pay for the flush.

Lost Wages
10-16-2003, 04:39 PM
Homer,

Super nice formatting of the hands, clear and concise.

<font color="blue">Hand 1 </font>
I routinely complete with Axo here but I can't quite bring myself to try Kx. Of course if you do play Kx you have to be willing to bet when an ace comes. I like checking the river, a better king might check it down fearing that you've been betting a weak ace.

<font color="blue">Hand 2 </font>
I really can't see any reason to check the turn since you can toss it to a raise. If you check and someone bets then you have a tough call so save yourself the headache and let your opponent sweat it. I wouldn't want to give overcards a free card here and if they want to fold that's fine too.

<font color="blue">Hand 3 </font>
I would have three bet the turn. With the player immediately after you raising it looks more like he is trying to shut out the two behind him rather than that he just hit a flush. Since you have two players that will call your 3-bet it only costs you a fraction of a bet when you are wrong because you have a huge redraw. When you're ahead you collect 2 full extra bets.

<font color="blue">Hand 6 </font>
With just two opponents I would have bet the flop then decide on the turn whether to bet or take the freebie. Betting the flop at least gives them a chance to fold.

<font color="blue">Hand 7 </font>
I think the MP poster would tip this in favor of just betting out for me. If I checked and it came back raised to me I would fold.

Lost Wages

MaxPower
10-16-2003, 04:40 PM
You're back to Homer J. Simpson - good.

Betting the river in hand 1 is a tough decision. It all comes down that heads-up on the end stuff from TOP. Of course, in the games I play I am so rarely heads up on the end that I don't get a lot of practice. I would only bet if he were the pure calling station type. If he has any sense at all, you will be an underdog when called. Anyone who open-limps in late position is not going to take a shot at the pot when you check.

I would say these river decisions are the weakest part of my game.

CrackerZack
10-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Hand 1: complete with K2o? huh?

Hand 2: why not bet the river?

Hand 3: 3-bet the turn?

Hand 5: slam fist on table

Hand 7: C/R 3-bet with 2 overs and a gut shot... i'm not sure I'd pull that one off, but JoeTall would be proud.

Homer
10-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Hand 1: complete with K2o? huh?

Reasons for completing:

- CO (extremely loose) and BB have random hands.

- I'm getting 5:1 (this was 2/4, not 3/6) with a hand that is better than a random hand.

- CO will pay me off with crap.

I've only started completing with hands like this recently, and only against a single loose limper. So far it's been working out for me.

Hand 2: why not bet the river?

I was pretty sure neither of my opponents had anything. I thought there was a better chance of getting a bluff out of the last player than there was of a bet from me being called. Of course, in a Party 2/4 game, so many weak hands will call (Ax, Kx, 22, etc) that I might have been better off betting.

Hand 3: 3-bet the turn?

Still going back and forth on this. Obviously, the fact that there was a coldcaller makes it much more likely that I should raise.

Hand 7: C/R 3-bet with 2 overs and a gut shot... i'm not sure I'd pull that one off, but JoeTall would be proud.

I'm not sure if it was the right play either, but hey, whatever, I knew the J was going to hit on the turn.

-- Homer

Ulysses
10-16-2003, 08:01 PM
<font color="blue">Hand 1</font>

I've read your reasoning. I still don't like it. Once in the hand, I play it the same.

<font color="blue">Hand 2</font>

I'd bet the turn and check the river.

<font color="blue">Hand 3</font>

3-bet the turn. Raiser can have a lot of stuff that's not a flush and a flush draw usually tends to raise on a garbage flop like that. Plus, there's a cold-caller stuck in the middle.

<font color="blue">Hand 4</font>

OK.

<font color="blue">Hand 5</font>

OK. Looks like LAP isn't all that aggressive if he doesn't raise you anywhere post-flop. I probably play it the same way, but against some opponents I'll check-call the river.

<font color="blue">Hand 6</font>

OK. So you're practicing for later, I see.... I'll usually fire one on the flop here.

<font color="blue">Hand 7</font>

Yeah, not really sure about this one. I like it if you're pretty confident the turn will be a Jack. Since you had just practiced hitting the gutshot in hand 6, you're probably OK here.

Homer
10-16-2003, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the comments. BTW, I thought LAP meant loose-passive, but I guess not based on this comment:

Looks like LAP isn't all that aggressive if he doesn't raise you anywhere post-flop

What do you call someone who is loose-passive, a LOOP? LOP?

-- Homer

Stu Pidasso
10-16-2003, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been experimenting a little more with completing with Ax and Kx after a single loose limper,

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you play if the BB is the type of player who would riase with a better than average hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Something I failed to mention is that the limper in this hand played almost every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not raise to get it heads up with this weak limper?

Stu

Ulysses
10-17-2003, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you call someone who is loose-passive, a LOOP? LOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh.... I thought you were using LAP=LAG (loose aggressive player).

I like LOOP. Dream Opponent also works fine. /images/graemlins/grin.gif