PDA

View Full Version : AL or still NL??

David Steele
10-16-2003, 11:17 AM
For the first time I am thinking of rooting for the AL team in the world series. For sure if Boston wins and maybe even the evil empire.

Florida is not so dislikable as a team but I can't stand the fact that their home fans don't deserve half of what they already have achieved, while the other teams fans suffer for centuries and pack their stadiums starting with spring training.

Any other AL bandwagoners?

D.

HDPM
10-16-2003, 01:08 PM
I am more of an NL fan, but I can tell you I rooted hard for the Red Sox when they played the vile Mets in '86. Any AL team over the Mets I say. Seeing the evil Gary Carter and the rest of their disgusting team in those awful orange and blue unis should send any sane person into convulsions. I also rooted for LaRussa's A's in the series for various reasons. It was particularly disturbing the year Gibson hit that homer for the Dodgers. I would root for Boston over Florida to cement the Cubs place as the biggest losers. I think they hold that position now, since Boston has been to the series a few times and had some good teams. Like '86 and the '75 team that lost to the great Reds team. Maybe that makes it harder for Boston fans since they get teased more, but I think the Cubs are bigger losers. The Red Sox weren't dreadful all those years the Yankees had great teams while the cubs wallowed in incompetence. Anyway, the Red Sox winning tonight would make the series more interesting IMO. I doubt I'll watch much. Can't root for the Marlins in any circumstance. Dusty Baker says he is rooting for them. I am rooting for them to cough up a lung. Ugly uni expansion team that tortured the Cubs. I have to hate them now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adios
10-16-2003, 02:13 PM
I like the Marlins and I'm an AL fan. I'm jumping on the bandwaggon of the next World Series champ hehe.

andyfox
10-16-2003, 03:20 PM
I still think the two AL teams are superior to the Marlins and either will win the Series in 5 or 6 games.

While I'm a Yankee fan, I'm not terribly hopeful about tonight's game against Pedro. If the Sox win, it will be an all-idiot manager World Series.

Homer
10-16-2003, 04:29 PM
I still think the two AL teams are superior to the Marlins and either will win the Series in 5 or 6 games.

I'm pretty sure that's what the Marlins want you to think. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-- Homer