PDA

View Full Version : Could I have one this pot?

Lil Ribbit
10-16-2003, 10:49 AM
8-16 game, all different players. Some very solid, some terrible.

IM in the SB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP limps, MP limps, cut-off limps, I complete and BB checks. 5 players.

FYI; cut-off is a player who has lost some big pots lately and has been telling everyone how to play "correctly"... you know the type.

Flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Im first to act and I bet out. I think this was my error here, instead of going for a checkraise...

MP calls and "expert" cut off calls

Turn ; 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, all call

River; Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet out, and only the "expert" calls and shows his KQ for trips. Then says "oops, sorry about that one".

Would anyone play this differently? I feel now a checkraise might have knocked out "expert" out.

Thanks

lil'
10-16-2003, 03:50 PM
I think there wasn't much you could do to win here. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ed Miller
10-16-2003, 03:54 PM
He called you down to hit a two outter. It happens. I'd prefer that he call me than fold.

Joe Tall
10-16-2003, 03:54 PM
I think you played it fine and I would have played it the same.

The 'expert' missed a bet on the river and is a bad player, btw.

If you check this flop and it slips through to the turn for free, you could be giving up to much for someone to pick up a draw.

Welcome to the forum,
JT

Homer
10-16-2003, 04:11 PM
You should check-call the river, assuming you would feel compelled to call if raised. There weren't any draws on the flop, so it is likely that your opponent is calling you down with a weak-medium Ace or with a Queen. When the Queen pairs on the river, you are at best chopping with your opponent. By checking, you avoid being raised by a Queen, and a better hand (A9, AT) might check it through.

-- Homer