PDA

View Full Version : Somebody explain to me...

IrishHand
10-16-2003, 08:58 AM
the difference between the media splattering the name of the Cubs fan who interfered with Alou's catch all over the headlines and their general refusal to print the name of Kobe's accuser?

(1) The Cubs fan is almost definitely more likely to be harmed.
(2) The Cubs fan is more likely to be derided for life.
(3) You can get either name on the Internet with very little effort.
(4) She volunteered for the media focus, he didn't.

I just think it's funny that it's ok to camp out in front of the Cubs fan's house, but it's taboo to even mention the girl's name. I realize there's a world of difference between a rape accusation and breaking the hearts of millions of otherwise decent people, but still...

Clarkmeister
10-16-2003, 11:34 AM
I'll be astounded if he doesn't sue the Sun-TImes. I hope he wins.

MMMMMM
10-16-2003, 11:45 AM
The people camped out in front of his house making threats should be forcibly removed and jailed for disorderly conduct and given restraining orders. They should also be caned even if we have to ship them to Singapore to do it /images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyone caught making death threats should be prosecuted.

andyfox
10-16-2003, 03:21 PM
At last: we agree 100%.

MMMMMM
10-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Alternatively we could have them each of these miscreants sequentially face a champion at quarterstaff in a gladiator-style contest. They could have their choice of weapons: a baseball bat, or a bunch of baseballs to throw if they prefer to fight from a distance. Bat or balls vs. quarterstaff: it should prove interesting, at least.

If they somewhow manage to win, they avoid being shipped to Singapore for caning. This also ought to resolve the debate over which sport is better, baseball or quarterstaff.