PDA

View Full Version : AA pre-flop in 4-way capped pot - flop play?

John J
10-15-2003, 10:19 PM
1/2 on Party, fairly tight table - until this hand

I'm right after the BB (is there name for this position? /images/graemlins/smile.gif) and dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I raise, another player 3 bets it, and a player after him caps it. The SB calls $3.50, I call, and the player after me calls.

Four handed flop is 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. First player checks to me - what's the right move here? What things would you be considering?

banditbdl
10-15-2003, 11:48 PM
I'd probably bet out again looking to get raised and then 3-bet. If the table has been tight otherwise I guess going for a checkraise isn't a bad play as your virtually guaranteed of a bet and this ensures you get multiple bets in on the flop. But I really think betting out is the way to because 1) there's an excellent chance you'll be raised and can 3-bet (if its by KK or TT so be it.) 2)if you intend to checkraise and it ends up being 2 or 3 bets to you when it comes back and you raise you're now screaming AA.

P.S. Directly after the BB=Under The Gun=UTG, 2 after BB is just UTG+1 etc...

John J
10-16-2003, 12:00 AM
I ended up check-raising here, I was afraid of KK. If I was re-raised then I would check-call until the river. I can see how betting out also has its advantages. Thanks for the info about table positions.

BigEndian
10-16-2003, 12:02 AM
My worries are TT and KK being out there. Regardless, I bet out. If I get raised, I call. And bet out on the turn depending on the card. If I get raised there. I call it down.

- Groove

Mike Gallo
10-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Four handed flop is 10 5 K . First player checks to me - what's the right move here? What things would you be considering

I would bet.