PDA

View Full Version : Clemens'll Smoke The Weasel In Game 7

Bill Murphy
10-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Guaranteed. I'm not a huge fan of Rocket or the Yankees, esp., but I can't think of more than five or so pitchers in history I'd rather have pitching in this situation.

Weasel on the other hand, is highstrung, thin-skinned, fragile, and needs to be babied & pampered. This is exactly what I was talking about in my posts on him months ago. Guy's skillz is insane, but its not a contest of peak performance or potential, or Sabermetrics.

Couldn't believe Rocket was +155 Saturday; anyone know what the line for tomorrow is?

Honestly, Dead Sux fan, wouldn't you rather have Gibson or Seaver going tomorrow night? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Clarkmeister
10-15-2003, 10:30 PM
At Pinnacle, the line is Pedro -111, Rocket +103

Bill Murphy
10-15-2003, 11:44 PM
TAKE! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

andyfox
10-15-2003, 11:54 PM
I'm a Yankee fan, and I'd rather have Pedro pitching than any pitcher in the game.

Once again, the old-school manager's insistence on issuing the intentional walk bites him in the ass. Why would you walk Jason Varitek with two outs? Why not bring in Nelson to face Varitek. Damon is much more likely to get on base. Against the great Felix Heredia. The Yankees still probably lose the game, but a bonehead move by Torre.

daryn
10-16-2003, 08:41 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I'm a Yankee fan, and I'd rather have Pedro pitching than any pitcher in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you say this do you mean that you believe it's in the yankees best interest to have pedro pitching?

also, i assume they walked varitek because he is a power hitter who has hit a couple dingers already in this series.