PDA

View Full Version : UTG with 99

bigslick98
10-15-2003, 08:27 PM
$1/2 Paradise...UTG with 99 and I open Raise(is this the right play?) Folded to the Big Blind, who calls. Flop 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Big blind comes out betting, I raise....he reraises...whats your play? I had only been at the table for about a dozen hands and the opponent in question had not played a lot of hands. So I have not been able to get a good read.

daryn
10-15-2003, 08:37 PM
hmm.. when he 3 bets you on the flop, you have to give serious thought to him having an 8. i would probably call on the flop, and then see what the turn brings. if the turn is an A or K, i would probably fold to a bet, otherwise i would call it down to the end, and see what he has.

GuyOnTilt
10-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Raising UTG with 99 as a stanard play is completely table dependant. If your raise will get you down to 2 or less opponents, then it's good. If it usually will leave you facing 4 or 5, then I don't like it. If it's a table of observant players, then you should make raises like this occassionally to mix things up. But generally speaking, at low limits I don't think it's very productive to raise UTG with 99 or 88.

thwang99
10-16-2003, 02:55 AM
It would be sweet if he was 3-betting his draw with 67o, just hope he doesn't hit a 9 for a straight. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Tony

Brian
10-16-2003, 05:28 AM
I wouldn't give him credit for the 8 here. Most typical players will slow-play a monster heads-up, or at the very least just call your Flop raise and go for a check-raise on the Turn. I think he's got a 5 or a lower pocket pair. Either way I'm not folding this hand.

-Brian

bigslick98
10-16-2003, 08:10 AM
I did not think he had the 8 either, basically for the same reasons....I reraised him and he laid down his hand. I did it because I wanted to see his reaction...I figured if he calls me, hopefully he will check to me on the next round and I will take the free card. Thx for the responses.