PDA

View Full Version : About to purchase Turbo. Any thoughts before I do

07-12-2002, 03:18 PM
I'm about to purchase the newer version of Turbo Texas Holdem (version 5). Anything anyone could contribute to either encourage or discourage my upcoming purchase. Objective replies only please. In other words, don't sell me something..just the facts please! And also, outside of Turbo and AceSpade, is there anything else out there that is comparable? Finally, what will my limitations be if I practice regularily on the software and not make it to the live card rooms nearly as much? Helpful, detrimental, etc. Thanks in advance.

07-12-2002, 03:22 PM
P.S. How do I register a permanent i.d. for this forum, if that is possible. It's probably in fron t of my nose, but I don't see the link to do so. Thanks again.

07-12-2002, 09:15 PM

07-15-2002, 01:58 PM
I bought Turbo Holdem a few months ago. It is very good for learning the pre-flop groups and betting. You can set it to only deal playable hands so you get lots of practise. I am not advanced enough to comment whether it will take you to the local card room. There is a current post on the Beginner's section which says to practise with Turbo until you can beat its strong line up, but then start playing for real as you might start learning bad strategy otherwise. I personnaly don't know if this is true - I'll keep practising for now.