PDA

View Full Version : Burning up bets?

J.R.
10-15-2003, 12:35 PM
Party 5-10 6-max, good loose passive crowd. Two limpers, I have A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and raise, big blind and two limpers call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, only one limper calls.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

Check, I bet, call.

River: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif[Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

Limper bets, I raise.

Comments?

rkiray
10-15-2003, 12:46 PM
I'd just call. Sure looks like you're up against a flush to me. But pot is big enough, and it could be a bluff so I think you should call.

J.R.
10-15-2003, 12:50 PM
I thought I was up against a flush as well.

Mike28a
10-15-2003, 12:52 PM
If you thought you were against the flush, why did you raise? He won't fold, no?

lil'
10-15-2003, 12:59 PM
It doesn't matter if it's the 2 of clubs, if he came this far for his single club draw he isn't giving up now.

And, obviously, if it's a bluff he isn't calling you.

MrG
10-15-2003, 01:05 PM
If he reraises do you fold? Personally, I would rather just call one bet and showdown then have to comtemplate a fold. But maybe that is why I play .5/1

chesspain
10-15-2003, 01:05 PM
After all of the aggression you've shown in this hand, opponent would have to be psychotic or on tilt to bluff at you on the river. A crying call is required; a reraise leads to a 911 call.

J.R.
10-15-2003, 01:18 PM
I know, I lied. I actually made a crying call to be shown 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. After the hand (perhaps being results oriented), I wondered if by raising, I could get something like the T /images/graemlins/club.gif or less to fold, since I had done nothing in the hand so far but bet at every opportunity.

I wasn't sure if I liked a raise in retrospect, and felt I was biased by the reuslt, so I thought I would see if anybody thought raising could get a better hand to fold. I guess not, since any opponemt willing to call down with just a club thinks their flush is good and is also probably a bad player, and bad players often call too much anyway, so there hard to bluff. Thanks for the responses.