PDA

View Full Version : Quote 'O The Day (Footballcoachspeak)

HDPM
10-15-2003, 12:33 PM
The highest paid state employee here (Boise State football coach) uttered the following. It was in reference to his idiotic decision to fail to run the clock out when he could have. Granted things worked out and BSU held on to beat Tulsa apparently. (I did not see the game, and I don't think I have seen any BSU game for that matter) Anyway, he let Tulsa back in the game with a quick touchdown and onside kick opportunity when he had the chance to run the clock out. Typical stupid football coach decision. This quote was among other totally idiotic things he said at a booster luncheon. Here goes:

"If we had knelt on the ball at the end of the game, wouldn't that have been the end of the game? Yeah, it would have been. But Ghandi didn't take a knee, Martin Luther King didn't take a knee, Thomas Edison didn't take a knee, and I sure as hell am not going to take a knee."

Alrighty then. This guy might graduate to chief loon speechwriter for Jim Fassel. I am very proud my tax dollars go to a man with such an intellect in the pursuit of higher education for our citizens. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

andyfox
10-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Ghandi did take a knee. It was the last play of the Packers-Mumbai Championship Game. In that game, Mohandas also returned a punt for the go-ahead touchdown in the 3rd quarter, stiff-arming Ray Nitchske and putting him in the hospital.

The British won the consolation game for 3rd place.

Against France.

youtalkfunny
10-15-2003, 04:48 PM
When I lived in Vegas, UNLV won a game they should've lost when the opposing coach (I think it was Baylor) tried to tack on an extra TD in the waning seconds. This stategy led to a fumble, which a UNLV defender ran back for the winning score.

When questioned about it, the coach defended his strategy by saying he was "trying to instill 'attitude'."

I guess no one told him that when you win one or two games a year, you should cherish the ones you get, and not gamble with them.

BTW, he was asked to clean out his desk later that year.

HDPM
10-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Yeah, Attitude! They can change from the Broncos to the Passive Resistors! Go Passives Go! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No, Go Ghandis Go!!!!!

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The hilarious thing is that this coach is popular even though he is clearly a blithering idiot. His contract has a bonus if he stays past 2005 or 2007 or something. After this they should give him a bonus if he leaves. The coach also sharply criticized fans critical of his obviously stupid strategy. The gist of his tirade was "You show up early in the morning and watch film and ignore your family for 4 months during the season and then when you know as much about football as me you can whine about it...." Er, how about clock management and simple game straegy can be analyzed by anybody with a reasonable level of intelligence, and if you are so stupid that you can't grasp the concept despite devoting your life to football maybe you shouldn't steal hundreds of thousands of the taxpayers' dollars to pontificate about your idiocy. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ragnar
10-16-2003, 01:31 AM
HDPM,

Thanks for the info. His name is being bandied about to replace the already fired John Mackovic at Arizona. That would be an interesting situation with his immediate predecessor from Boise State at Arizona State. Hopefully you can keep him.

Ragnar