PDA

View Full Version : A few hands for review - am I being too aggressive?

John J
10-15-2003, 10:50 AM
1/2 on Party. No real read on the players.

#1: I'm in the big blind with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 2 players limp and the small blind calls, I check.

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. It's checked around.

Turn is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]. Small blind checks and I bet, only one player calls, small blind folds.

River is 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif [J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]. I bet, he raises, I fold.

Did I really not have position to make a bet on the turn? Should I have bet the river?

#2 I'm three seats to the right of the button in mid position with J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. One player limps, I raise, a player behind me cold calls, the small blind calls and the original limper calls.

Four handed flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. Two players check to me, and I bet. The player behind me and one of the guys in front call.

The turn is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif]. Player in front of me checks, I bet, they both call.

River is 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif]. Player ahead of me checks, I check, last guy bets. Player in front of me folds and I call.

Correct? Am I being too paranoid about not playing "weak-tight" and should just throw my hand away or check-call the turn? I really need to improve with these types of situations.

#3: I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button. Everyone folds, I raise, and the big blind calls. Heads up pot.

Flop comes K /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [K /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]. He checks, I bet, he calls. (Should I have checked here?)

River is 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]. He checks, I check.

----------

Any suggestions you can provide as to how these situations should be handled would be appreciated.

hockey1
10-15-2003, 11:01 AM
I think you played all three hands fine, except I would have bet the river on #3.

rkiray
10-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Hand 1,

I actually think you wimped out here. On the turn, I'd generally bet any two cards, your pair certainly qualifies. I'd call the river raise if this was a low limit game or if the opponent is capable of bluffing or raising with a weak hand. BTW, you should state the location of the game and the limits, it makes a difference in the advice. It's also good to give a descrition of the table (loose, tight) and anything important about key opponents.

I think you played hand 2 fine.

Hand 3 I'd bet the river. Everything else is fine. I think you need to change the title of your post.