PDA

View Full Version : Big Slick in the Big Blind

thomastem
10-15-2003, 09:52 AM
My animals are divided on how to play big slick pre-flop. My Pelican, Goat, and Possum say call and look to check-raise on a later street. The stud Bull, Bison in heat, and Penguin think we need to get as much in the pot while we can with a pre-flop raise.

What do your animals think about playing Big Slick in the Big Blind?

Joe Tall
10-15-2003, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
about playing Big Slick in the Big Blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Play is with a /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Other than that without the type of table, preflop action and description of your opponents, I cannot help you.

Hold'em is too complex of a game to stick to a rigid rule with a certain hand, you have to understand.

Peace,
JT

thomastem
10-15-2003, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Other than that without the type of table, preflop action and description of your opponents, I cannot help you.

Hold'em is too complex of a game to stick to a rigid rule with a certain hand, you have to understand.

Peace,
JT

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the point of the question. Tell me what changes your strategy. Is it the amount of players already in? How loose or aggressive the table is? Your table image? If Bucky Dent or my animals are playing at the table?

Is that really too complex for a Blue Blood?

Joe Tall
10-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Your old post that you gave up on. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=369660& Forum=All_Forums&Words=2620&Match=Username&Searchp age=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=367745&Search=tru e#Post369660)

Seemingly you and your managre have learning disorders, therefore you should check this site out: For thomastem and his animals. (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/learningdisorders.html)

That's all I can do for now bro, sorry.

Good luck with all of that,
JT

rkiray
10-15-2003, 10:57 AM
When I have AK or AQ in the blinds I generally just call (or check) and then check raise the flop if I hit the flop or if all rags flop. This is especially good in aggresive games. In a passive game, I'd raise preflop. That's because check raising is problematic in passive games.

thomastem
10-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Never did you give an opinion on the poker content. Why can't you explain why and how you vary playing Big Slick pre-flop from the Big Blind?

Joe Tall
10-15-2003, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why can't you explain why and how you vary playing Big Slick pre-flop from the Big Blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do vary it, however, the play before me also varies it.

AKs

I raise with it 100% of the time if there are limpers, no matter how many limpers there are (1-8).

If there is a raise ahead of me,
I 3 bet it if there is an isolation raise from an LP player of a weak limper.
I 3 bet it if there is a raise from a player with sub-par raising standards.
I 3 bet it if there is a raise from EP and a family of cold callers.
I cap or call with it if there is a 3-bet ahead of me.
I call with it there is a raise from a respectable player and all fold.

AKo

I raise with it 100% of the time if there are 5 or less limpers.

If there is a raise ahead of me,

I call with it if there is an isolation raise from an LP player of a weak limper.
I 3 bet it if there is a raise from a player with sub-par raising standards.
I muck it to most 3-bets unless there is good reason otherwise.
I call with it there is a raise from a respectable player and all fold.

If I had more time I could go on and on and on and even break down each of these reponses individually (# callers, type of players, image, etc)

Hold'em is complex, tho.

Peace,
JoeTall

Joe Tall
10-16-2003, 10:51 AM

thomastem
10-16-2003, 11:06 AM
Let us do a litle math. If 6-7 players are seeing the flop and 3-4 the river wouldn't there be more $$$$ in raising or check/raising on the turn? Isn't it easier to let go of your hand if the flop is terrible if we didn't raise pre-flop.

*Remember this is out of the BB where most people that see a limp put you on garbage.

Joe Tall
10-16-2003, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If 6-7 players are seeing the flop and 3-4 the river wouldn't there be more $$$$ in raising or check/raising on the turn? Isn't it easier to let go of your hand if the flop is terrible if we didn't raise pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

tho bro, this is such a vague question, I cannot even fathom at answering the dynamics created.

Every hand has it's own story, simple as that.

Good luck tonight, you'll need it.

Peace,
JT