PDA

View Full Version : Calling raises from the BB ... bleh

Nottom
10-15-2003, 08:46 AM
I really don't like the way I played this hand, what do you guys think.

UTG and UTG+1 limp, MP raises, CO and Button fold, SB calls, and I don't like it but call anyway with AJo. Limpers call.

5 to the flop for 5BB

Flop: 9h 3s 2c
SB checks, I have a sudden case of something and bet, call, call, raise, SB folds, I call, others call.

4 to the turn for 9BB

Turn: Ad

Check, chekc, check, bet, I raise, fold, call-2, call-1

3 to the river for 15BB

River: Jd [9h 3s 2c Ad]
I bet, raise, call-2, I think for a bit and 3-bet, call, call.

yeah I know its pretty ugly, but I think I got at least one street right.

lil'
10-15-2003, 08:55 AM
The average player would not bet the flop, knowing he might get raised and have to put a BB in the pot when he has nothing but overcard outs that might not be clean. But you knew you were going to go runner runner! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Joe Tall
10-15-2003, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a sudden case of something and bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Sudafed PM and 3 beers will knock you out before you can get another case of this.

Peace,
JT

Jezebel
10-15-2003, 01:49 PM
I would have played it the same way. I would call pre-flop from the BB with AJo since the raise didn't come from EP. Why don't you like calling this?

On the flop betting into 5 players is a little loose, but you already know that.

Checkraise on the turn is good. Hmmm. UTG+1 calls two cold after checking...on a rainbow board.

I'd probably bet out on this river as well. UTG+1 raises? I can't see what he has that beats you. If it is a slowplayed set then he played it horrible. Would this guy limp from EP with 45? I would probably 3 bet here as well. My guess is you are looking at maybe J9s from UTG+1 and maybe A4s from UTG+2?

Rube
10-15-2003, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't call preflop with AJo, this hand is going to be really difficult to play out of position against four opponents and a preflop raiser.

I definitely wouldn't be around for the turn. Betting into four opponents and a preflop raiser when the flop totally misses you is throwing away money IMO.

I also wouldn't checkraise the turn when I spike my ace. If the raiser has a pair under aces, he's very likely to either 1) not bet, so you end up giving a free card, or 2) fold to a checkraise. If the raiser has an ace, it's likely bigger than yours and you aren't going to get him to fold. So I'm not sure what a checkraise accomplishes. Since there is no flush draw possible, I'd probably just check and go for the overcalls.

On the river, I definitely wouldn't 3-bet. You were raised on the river after checkraising the turn, and another player called two cold on the river. I'd just call and hope for an overplayed AK or AQ from the raiser and lower two pair from the coldcaller.

Wingnut
10-15-2003, 04:04 PM
Depending on the table texture, I might try to check-raise the flop in order to possibly get it heads-up. I like to think that the aggressiveness is warranted when you can put two-bet pressure on the field, so I would look to raise a SB bet or check-raise a bet from MP, especially if SB folds. Leading the flop probably won't scare off people that are limping UTG and UTG+1, given the rag board.

If I can't get it heads-up, I'm probably folding.

ElSapo
10-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Sudafed PM and 3 beers will knock you out before you can get another case of this.

Acutally, it's those beers that give me that 'something.'