PDA

View Full Version : Two Plus Two table last night

Mike Gallo
10-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Hi everyone,

GuyonTilt took the iniative to run the Two Plus Two table last night.

I had a good time. I invite anyone who participate to post some hands for review.

Due to time constraints I did not get to play for more than an hour so I really have nothing of substance to post, other than I had MajorKong to my direct left and Barry two to my left. Holy bad position Batman /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

Festus22
10-15-2003, 08:51 AM
The only hand that really stands out in my mind was against BigEndian.

I'm UTG+2 and open raise with black A-Jo. Folded to Big in either the CO or button who 3-bets. Folded to me and I call. Flop was 3 red rags, 2 suits. I bet, he called. Turn was a red J, still 2 suits. I bet, he called. At this point, I had him on an underpair or MAYBE big slick. River was a black K. I figured I was 50/50 on my read so I bet. He raised and I made the crying call. He flipped K-Qo.

How did we both play this? Was my read reasonable?

Moonsugar
10-15-2003, 09:11 AM
My shining moment:

I was in MP with Ah8h. EP raises, LEP calls, I call, all fold. Now, this call may seem poor and I probably wouldn't do it at a normal 3/6 table but these guys are hyper aggressive and I have seen them cap 3 flush boards repeatedly when they have no flush cards. SO I figure if my flush cards hit I can get paid. Flop comes AT3. EP bets, MP raises, I reraise. They both fold! EP folded JJ and LEP folded a better Ace. I figured that my only way to take down this pot was to reraise and hope they put me on a set or two pair. And it worked! There are 10SB in the pot and I risked 3 SB so if they laydown 1/3 of the time my crazy play works.

EP was majorkong and Barry was LEP.

Also tried some stuff that didn't work: limped with AA looking to reraise and I never got raised (can't believe that happened at this table). Tried to checkraise Yachtracer on the turn when I had TPTK and he checked through. And I slowplayed a flopped fullhouse and probably missed some bets.

I had a great time and learned quite a bit in the short time I was there.

Lil Ribbit
10-15-2003, 09:23 AM

Festus22
10-15-2003, 09:25 AM
Every Tuesday night around 7 or 7:30 eastern at Party $0.5/1.

ElSapo
10-15-2003, 09:41 AM
I wasn't there, but I don't like calling the raise with this hand (A8s). At the 2+2 table, I don't think you've got any chance of getting a big multi-way pot, and when it's bet and raised to you, you essentially don't have a hand. What do you do if the better ace calls? Or caps? Worked out this time, but I don't think calling in this spot is a good play.

BigEndian
10-15-2003, 09:48 AM
I remember this hand. My reasoning for the 3-bet pre-flop btw was that the table was maniacly tight due to hyper aggression and I figured you for a small->medium pair or A-paint combo with small-medium pair in the lead since the dealer was being generous with them.

When I missed my flop, I made up my mind to call you down regardless so that the aggresive table would not get the inclination they could run over me. I was fortunate to see the K, and still putting you on your small-medium pair, I raised it. If you have re-raised, I still would have called you down in this instance for the above reasons.

- Groove

Mike Gallo
10-15-2003, 09:48 AM
Someone three bet with A2 hearts and flopped the flush.

I folded KQ from my blind and would have gotten slaughtered because I flopped top two.

BigEndian
10-15-2003, 09:50 AM
That was me I believe MG.

- Groove

Moonsugar
10-15-2003, 09:51 AM
I explained my reasoning of the preflop call above. It was a loose call but I think I had reasons that justified it. Maybe I was wrong. If he calls I give no action w/o an 8 on the turn. If he caps I probably fold to hopefully setup for a time when I have the goods and because I don't have anything.

I don't normally play with players this good. I would not consider myself as good as a player as these guys. I was trying out some ideas I have of how to play at an extremely aggressive table.

Mike Gallo
10-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Groove,

Good play, remember I told you I had a hand. Glad I folded. I feel even better that you made it three bets. I would have called for one but not for two.

brian0729
10-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Festus, I think your play was right on. I dont really care for the 3bet with KQo. I would muck this for a raise at my real table and definatley muck this at the 2+2 table.

BigEndian
10-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Here's that hand, and I honestly thought you were going to come along if you had anything from the BB. I was trying to make the pot rich for a draw as well as conceal what I had:

I'm on the button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, fold to Gomez in LMP who raises, fold to me, I raise, fold to MG who says "I have a hand" before folding. 2 to the flop.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Gomez checks to me. I check it through.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Gomez bets. I call.

River: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
Gomez bets. I raise. Gomez calls.

Gomez flips QJ for two pair.

- Groove

Mike Gallo
10-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Gotta love when the spider sence goes off. I had KQ and would have gotten severely punished.

I cannot play that hand out of position.

Perhaps a better play would. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ElSapo
10-15-2003, 11:06 AM
I don't normally play with players this good.

This is actually key, I think. Depending on where you play, and what limits, you could get many callers to a raise. And while I'd still drop the Axs to a raise, if you do play it I think it becomes less of an error as more people call. But at the 2+2 table, where, last time I played, most pots end heads up or possibly three-bet pre-flop, I don't like the Axs call, though I do understand the reasons.

Jezebel
10-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Last night was my first time at the 2+2 table (I'm yachtracer on PP). The table played very similar to what I expected and is similar to a home game I play in. A couple of observations about the play in general vs. a typical PP 3/6 game:
/images/graemlins/heart.gif preflop was very aggressive but not overly tight especially by the first person in. Alot of changing gears going on. I think most steal raises were getting little respect even though most of the time they had the goods. My approach is to defend decent hands from the blinds for 1 more bet, but to dump if the flop doesn't help immediately since the pot is relatively small. No point going to war for little. Too tight? It seems last night there was alot of chasing post flop in steal situations.
/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Alot of semi-bluffing on the flop and checking behind on the turn. Unlike a typical PP table you couldn't depend on the turn being bet for you. One thing I was trying to pick up on was what type of hands people would 3 bet the flop/turn with. I wasn't there long enough to really pick up a definitive pattern, but I don't think people were changing gears in this area too much and was probably the most reliable read.
/images/graemlins/club.gif Even tough games are good when the deck hits you upside the head. I had a steady rush of premium hands for the 2 hours I played and the flop was rarely dissapointing. While this was entertaining, I would have preferred to see how I played marginal hands at a tough .50/1 table and saved my monster hands for a looser 5/10 game /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lots of fun, I look forward to trying again next week. /images/graemlins/club.gif

Barry
10-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I guess that was a little weak tight on my part. I had A9s and figured that a 3-bet here into a pre-flop raiser and a flop raiser had to mean at least a better A if not a set or 2 pair. That was a gutsy raise and it worked out for you.

Nice Play

Ed Miller
10-15-2003, 01:46 PM
I was pretty sure Barry had an ace when he raised. I thought you probably had one too, but I certainly wasn't calling two bets to find out.

Barry had no business folding to the three-bet. At the very least, he should take one off to try and catch a nine.

Moonsugar
10-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Aha! I was wondering what kicker you had as I thought for sure you wouldn't laydown AK or AQ. (Also thought you didn't have AK cause of preflop action). I figured you had AJ.

Interestingly, if our positions were reversed you could have pulled off the same play on me. It just shows the power of acting last.