PDA

View Full Version : A few hands for critique

Glurfle
10-15-2003, 04:47 AM
I've been getting butchered playing 3/6 live at Hollywood Park and the Bicycle recently, and I think I'm slipping back into weak/stupid mode, playing too many bad hands and not raising my good ones. Playing 3/6 live has made the Party 3/6 look like the tightest, most aggressive game in existence, and I'm not coping well. For one thing, I haven't had to deal with a blind-stealing situation in weeks, so my judgment in pots with only 2 or 3 players is rusty. I'm in that zone where I don't even know who's controlling the mouse when I play these days. Here's a few hands.

Hand 1: Party 3/6, fairly tight game
EP limps, LP limps, I check 34o in the BB. Flop comes 632 rainbow, checked around. Turn T, checked around. River 7, checked around again. I had a nagging feeling that I could've made a bet somewhere along the line. When I'm feeling my oats against tight opponents, I can make a bet on the flop or the turn to knock out overcards; when I'm losing, I check-fold on the turn. I'd probably call a flop bet, though.

Hand 2: Same Party game. CO open-raises, SB calls, I call in BB with 98o (probably marginal at best). Flop 932 rainbow, I bet, CO raises, SB calls, I call. Turn J putting 2 spades on the board, checked around. River 8s, I bet.

Hand 3: Hollywood Park 3/6. Insanely loose, 3 players playing any two cards, one over-aggressive lady to my right who raises any pair and any 2 face cards preflop, and a couple others in between, all of whom will call one bet on the flop. I'm probably the only one at the table seeing fewer than 50% of the flops.

Aggressive lady limps UTG, I limp UTG+1 with QJo, 9 players to the flop of T98 rainbow. SB bets, BB raises, UTG cold calls, I cold call, UTG+2 3-bets, 2 or 3 people call 3 cold, and I cap. I think 6 or 7 players see the turn. Turn comes 9. I bet, UTG+2 raises, 3 callers, I call. River is an 8, UTG+2 bets, 2 callers, I fold. I think I may have butchered every street except the river here.

Hand 4: Party 3/6. MP open-raises, I 3-bet TT from the SB, heads-up to the flop of K97. I bet and call a raise. Turn J, check-call. River J, check-fold.

Hand 5: Still the same Party game. Loose player limps UTG, I limp UTG+1 with 77, folded around to SB who calls. Flop 865 rainbow, BB bets, UTG calls, I raise, both blinds fold, UTG calls. Turn 2, check-bet-call. River Q, check-bet. Good or bad bet on the end?

Hand 6. Same game. Suspected loose UTG limps, loose MP limps, I limp ATo, button limps, SB folds. Flop T82 with 2 spades, BB bets, MP folds, I raise, button 3-bets, BB and I call. Turn Q, button bets, BB folds, I call. River 2, check-bet-call.

Hand 7: I open-raise TT from EP, get one caller in LP (the button from Hand 6). Flop K72 rainbow, bet-call. Turn 3, putting 2 spades on the board, I bet, LP raises. For some reason I decide he's just messing with me and call. River 4, completing the flush, and I make what I expect to be a terrible crying call of his bet.

I thought I could remember a few more horrendous live plays to post, but apparently not. I guess I'll stop with the horrendous online play instead.

Results:
1. My hand is good.
2. All fold.
3. UTG+2 shows 97o for the winner. I would assume the other callers both had 8's, but with these guys, who knows?
5. All fold.
6. Opponent shows KTo.
7. Opponent shows 88. I was amazed to win these last two hands, and it really makes me wonder if I'm laying down too many hands on the turn and river, or if I just got lucky against an aggressive player. I felt like a total fishy calling station, though.

Joe Tall
10-15-2003, 08:05 AM
If I had time I would love to review these hands. However, without much spacing and no color it makes for a tough read. If you want more action on your posts in the future you may want to choose a different format.

All apologies,
Joe Tall

Mike Gallo
10-15-2003, 08:16 AM
Gurfle,

I second Joe's notion.

Post your hands one at a time.