PDA

View Full Version : Kibitzing....

rbreitling
10-15-2003, 12:21 AM
What are the rules on kibitzing by the other players that have folded from the hand in a B&M card game?

Here's the scenerio. In a low limit Hold'Em game the board shows Ah Ks Qc Jd Th (the nut straight). I'm first in and I bet hoping the only other player just might fold. One of the other players who has already folded say's something like, "Why'd you bet with the board showing the nut straight". At that the other player who was slow to respond to my bet, like he was thinking of folding quickly calls. What can you do?

Ted Geisel
10-15-2003, 12:42 AM
Politely ask the dealer to tell him "one player to a hand" (i.e. to shut the f*ck up during a hand)

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-15-2003, 04:26 PM
The simple rule is one player to a hand. He's not allowed to help another player make a decision. Asking the dealer or the floor to explain the rules to him is probably your best option. If I were in your shoes, I probably wouldn't make a big issue out of it unless the player was regularly doing it. No sense in letting on that you're serious about taking their money.

Mike
10-15-2003, 09:03 PM
When I play stud (rarely these days), there is a regular lady player who knows my game stud game very well. She would happily tell the table what I am holding with about a 70% correct hit rate.

It really put a damper on my game. When I had enough, as I am a slow burner I finally asked her to keep her opinions about my hand to herself until after the hand was over, which she agreed to reluctantly.

Now when I win the hand without a showdown, and she say's I bet you had,'trip kings', I just agree. It works to my benifit now. If your player(s) asks that question after the hand, you can turn it into an advantage too.