PDA

View Full Version : Two tough beats in shorthanded NL. . .let me get your comments

tdomeski
10-14-2003, 07:47 PM
I play a weekly home game and every once in a while we like to play NL with a $50 buy in and .50/1 blinds. . .We usually start with 5-7 players but near the end of the night we can get down to as low as 3. I was playing 3 handed with one real super aggressive player who likes to bluff and make moves all the time. The other is a call station who loves to raise the blind pre flop but usually doesn't discern from a good hand or a bad hand. I am on the button with about $44 and dealt A-Q off. . . I limp in nearly sure that one of these two will raise the pot pre flop. . .the super aggressive player folds and the call station to my right in BB doubles the blind. . .I come back over the top making it 9 to go. . .he calls as I suspected.
The flop is As 3d 4h. . .he checks and I move in. . .almost certain he would call with any Ace or mid wired pair. . He quickly calls my stack. . .he was only left with about $10 after the call. . .he flips over 6-7 off. . .turn J. . .river 5. . .is there anything else I could do or did I play it right?

Okay next night same group of players same stakes this time I have about $80 in chips and am in BB. . .dealt KcQc. . .Super aggressive button folds and call station SB calls. . .I make it 5 to go and he quickly calls. . .flop 10c 8c 2c. . .he checks and I place a huge bet. .given the circumstances. . .of $40. . .he quickly calls and at this point I know I have him and he has either the Ac or two pair or a small flush already. . .the turn is 4h. . . I push him all in for $20 and he quickly calls flipping over the Ac. . .The river is the 9c. . .Should I have reversed the bet after the flop to $20 and the bet after the turn to $40? I really don't know if there is any defense to this guy. ..I play with him a lot and he tends to lose regularly but when the big hands happen he is usually hitting. . .Thanks for the responses.