PDA

View Full Version : Did I play either of these AK hands anyway near correctly?

ramjam
10-14-2003, 03:42 PM
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 - less loose and a bit more aggressive than a typical Party table of equivalent stakes

Hand 1

UTG calls. I raise in UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I am called by MP1 (directly to my left), MP3 and Button. The SB drops. The BB and UTG call.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

It's checked to me, I bet, MP1 calls, everyone else folds.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, MP1 bets, I raise, he re-raises, I cap.

River: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet out, he raises, I call.

Hand 2 (five hands later)

We are eight-handed with a poster in MP.

Folded to UTG+2 who calls, MP poster checks, LP raises, CO folds, I 3-bet on the button with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. The SB folds, the BB (a LAP) calls, UTG+2 calls, the MP poster folds, LP caps it and the remaining three of us call.

So four of us see the flop with 17.5SB in the pot:

5 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to LP capper who bets, I raise, BB calls two cold, UTG+2 folds, LP 3-bets, I call, BB calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, LP bets, I call, BB folds.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

LP checks, I check

ramjam
10-14-2003, 03:46 PM
Hand 1

MP takes it down with 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Hand 2

LP shows me the suspected A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

BigEndian
10-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Hand 1: I would not have capped and just gone into call-down mode.

Hand 2: Just like this. Personally, I would have epxected to look at a flipped QQ rather than AA.

Just tough cards other than that.

- Groove

Miah
10-14-2003, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I would not have capped and just gone into call-down mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're up enough a weaker ace enough here (.50/1.00) to justify the agression.