PDA

View Full Version : Thanks all - a first for me

TJD
10-14-2003, 11:47 AM
I have just started playing a few 6 player limit tables on line for variety having played full tables (and winning) for the past 8 months.

Part of the reason is that I have also just started playing 1 table tournaments and I wanted a bit more experience shorter handed.

Of course I searched the archives here for advice on semi-short games. What was mentioned again and again was the need to watch the players much more closely and situations repeating more often.

I raised a limper (CO) on the button with KQh, BB came along. Flop was 886 with 1 heart. BB bet out, CO called, now all in.

I did not believe it was at all likely that BB had an 8 or 6 or overpair. With those he would have checked. His pattern was the same throughout. CR with a draw in EP and bet it if late, check/call top pair, sometimes bet overcards/pure bluff and slowplay a good hand to death.

I called the flop (now HU with CO all in) and raised the turn. I then bet the river and he folded.

He might have had an Ace , I do not know, but knowing he did not have a pair or trips made my bluff/value bet easy to find.

I have never before made a play based soley on the playing charachteristics of an individual player. I would never have found that play without all your advice.

A first for me. No longer a poker virgin /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But; even better than that it was FUN!!

Thanks a lot, keep up the good work

Trevor