PDA

View Full Version : What next?

06-28-2002, 04:57 AM
I play 15-30 almost exclusively and got a lot out of Middle Limit Holdem. Of course I always go back and re-read sections of HPFAP. My question is, what book should I get next? I'm interested in learning more about beating the middle limits but I'm also interested in learning about pot limit/no limit and tournaments. I have next to no experience in no limit and in tourneys. Where should I start? Thanks for all suggestions.

06-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Bob Ciaffone "Improve Your Poker"

Roy Cooke "Real Poker II: the play of hands."

John Feeny "Inside the Poker Mind."

Mason Malmuth "Poker Essays (1-3)"

No particular order to these though the first three are much more specifically geared to mid-limit hold 'em than Mason's essays which cover a very wide spectrum (but will certainly help your mid-limit game).

Regards,

Paul Talbot

06-28-2002, 02:48 PM
I haven't read the Ciaffone or the Cooke, but the Feeney and Malmuth books are excellent suggestions. I would strongly recommend Sklansky's Theory of Poker.

06-28-2002, 03:08 PM
Ciaffone/Rueben's big bet book is good. Maybe try Sklansky's tournament book also.

06-28-2002, 06:40 PM
I have TOP and Inside the Poker Mind, both excellent of course. Thanks for the other suggestions as well. What about TJ Cloutier's books?

06-29-2002, 01:57 PM
At least his big bet poker book with Tom McEvoy is a must; but don't tell it to others, as it's a big secret. Malmuth thinks their limit holdem book is crap, but I just wonder, as it's more about the new holdem played after S&M. Cloutier is one of the best big bet poker players, and a huge tournament success, while S&M & Co know about limit poker. So, I would look it like that, and believe accordingly.