PDA

View Full Version : All-in with AA on the flop

Dizzy Cow
10-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Stars .10-.25 Ring 9-handed loose players
Im in MP with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
3 limpers, I raise, BB and all 3 limpers call.
Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Tight player makes a small bet, 2 folds, I go all-in (VERY large compared to pot size).

With the nut straight draw and overpair with certainty that the tight player wouldn't slowplay a straight if he had it, and certainty that I have the loose player behind me beaten, I feel confindent in the all-in.

Comments on play? Results later.

ElSapo
10-13-2003, 06:53 PM
Post in the Pot- and No-limit section. Include stack sizes and any other information you have.

vincensio
10-13-2003, 10:43 PM
I don't even think there could be a better time to be all in on the flop. You also have a possibility for the back door nut flush, making all your draws to the nuts.

With AA, you can also be thinking that there may be no more Aces out there!

I'm not Amarill Slim or anything, but in my opnion, you're pretty close to be all in in the first place.

As soon as I see those pocket Aces, I'd be trying to ram & jam without even seeing the flop and commit myself.

You did the right thing mate.

How did it play out for you?

Dizzy Cow
10-13-2003, 11:35 PM
BB calls, tight player folds.
BB has Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif...I'm ecstatic!
Turn is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif...great!
River: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Ugh. Lost a pot ($75, half the size of my bankroll) as the favorite...I've only been in 2 pots over $25: one where a guy with K3o catches perfect on my AJs after a AA3 flop..AA333, and this..makes my bankroll growth slow. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Fortunately, since it was a .10/.25 Stars game, I was back up to only $7 under for the session in just under 2 rounds.