PDA

View Full Version : Serious NBA basketball fans only...

IrishHand
10-13-2003, 04:57 PM
This year, I'm starting a fantasy basketball league for serious owners. Generally speaking, it will be a dynasty-style league, where teams are able to keep any or all players from their rosters from year-to-year - within the constraints of an NBA-style salary cap. Basically, if you're a serious basketball fan looking for a league that closely simulates the NBA ownership/GM experience, then this is the league for you.

KEY LEAGUE DETAILS:
- head-to-head,Rotisserie scoring (PTS, FG%, FT%, 3P%, REB, AST, STL, BLK,TO)
-regular season followed by 3 rounds of playoffs to League Championship
-16 league teams playing in 4 divisions, top 8 make the playoffs
-12-man active rosters, 4-man reserve
-inaugural season rosters filled by 14-round Inaurugal Draft, 2-round Rookie Draft
-unlimited roster transactions
-$50M NBA-style (“soft”) salary cap that varies with the NBA cap from year-to-year
-minimum ($0.5M) and maximum ($12.5M) player salaries based on NBA cap rules
-retain/release any/all players in the off-season within constraints of cap
-draft lottery for non-playoff teams
-annual rookie draft, with accurate rookie salaries based on draft position
-annual summer free agent signing period, where teams make offers to and sign top free agents
-$50.00 initial fee, no transaction fees, all money (minus online stats service - probably TQStats) paid out to winners

INAUGURAL DRAFT INFORMATION:
-Initial rosters will be filled by a 2-round Rookie Draft, followed by a 14-Round Draft
-Team with the 1st Overall pick in the full Draft will select 16th in the Rookie Draft, while team selecting last (16th) in the full draft will select 1st in the Rookie Draft. (This will balance out the benefit the top few selectors will get from the Duncans, Garnetts, Nowitskis and McGradys.)
-Both Drafts will be snake-style
-Each draft slot will have a pre-assigned salary connected to it ranging from $12.5M (max salary) for 1st Rounders in the full Draft to $0.7M to players selected in the 2nd Round of the Rookie Draft.
-Time & Date: Sunday, October 26, starting at 12:00 noon EST
-Duration: Teams will have 2 min. to make each pick. I would estimate that both drafts will take 4-5 hours total.
-Place: Will take place in a secure, private chatroom online

If interested, post a reply, send me a private message, or e-mail me at: irish_hand@yahoo.com
I will be more than happy to answer any/all questions, as well as provide a copy of the League Constitution/Rules.

UPDATE: 9 of 16 team slots are currently filled