PDA

View Full Version : Audio Books

06-22-2002, 05:17 PM
I spend alot of time on the road in my job and was wondering: Has anyone put out or know of where I may find poker audio books, especially on cd? If you could let me know of a web site or publisher, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Joe

06-23-2002, 01:56 PM
I as well have discussed this issue with Jim Brier and Al Schoonmaker over lunch and felt it a viable ulternative to books when we`re travelling and or working..

I have Caro`s... pro holdem secrets... and absolutely enjoy the freedom it brings when my eyes and hands are predisposed..

As well many of us comprehend much better through listening..

I would definitely agree that its an avenue that must be pursued...

jg

06-25-2002, 10:02 AM
I would love to listen to Theory of Poker over and over and over again during my many commutes back and forth from Las Vegas to Southern California. Right now I listen to Anthony Robbins, Stephen Covey, Richard Bandler, Deepak Chopra, Zig Ziglar and others. Listening to educational tapes in my drives makes driving a productive activity instead of a waste of time "in between" poker sessions. Audio tapes of TOP and Inside the Poker Mind would be more than welcome to the ears of this road gambler.

06-25-2002, 02:33 PM
If these were produced, I would buy them all!!

06-25-2002, 03:09 PM
I would be willing to pay as much for an unabridged audio version of Theory of Poker as I just did for a 16 cassette Design Human Engineering tape set by Richard Bandler: $350. I'll snap it up within hours of it's release at this price. Constant auditory re-inforcements of the concepts discussed in TOP would be a very effecient method for making these concepts an automatic part of one's poker intuitions.

06-25-2002, 08:38 PM
I agree! Please make this Mason!!!!

06-26-2002, 08:28 PM
Road gambler your tastes for a qualty productive life outside of poker are quite inspiring...I too listen to many of these authors and can tell you without reserve my life is richer because i make it happen...

Actaully someone borrowed my "Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People" tape and refused to return it and gave me thier book as a replacement ...So obviously audio has a powerful appeal to many...

I can see no reason at all why a key summory of each chapter of any of the 2+2 books couldnt be formatted to better enlighten those that seek the convenience of educating ourselves in poker concepts etc. through the exceptional convenience of audio tapes...

As said in my previous post I feel absolutely very strongly about this area...

My poker comprehension dramatically increased through the use of caros tapes...

I remember mentioning to mason right here that I wish Dave and him would write a book to fill the tourney gaps left by everyone else and low and behold within that week Mason announced the release of TPFAP....Now theres a book i really need in audio..Geez it`ll take months of indepth study to grasp the principals even at the basic fundamental stage but audio would aid me greatly in my growth...

ok ok I`m through rambling..

From the many posts already here i see a profound positive approval and I do thank you all for voicing your thoughts...

jg