PDA

View Full Version : Weak(?)

hockey1
10-13-2003, 09:03 AM
I post in CO with A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+1 limps, folded to me, I check, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif Checked to me, I bet, SB check-raises. UTG + 1 calls two cold and I call.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif checked to me (?). I check, fearing another check-raise

River: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Checked to me. I check.

I think my play on every street was at least questionable. Let me have it.

gonores
10-13-2003, 09:10 AM
I think if you bet the turn and got check-raised again you could have folded. Same probably goes for the river.

Doug

Ed Miller
10-13-2003, 09:16 AM
I would raise preflop. A8o is a hand you would probably prefer not to play at all. But you are forced to play the hand. As such, I think a raise to isolate the limper with position and what is probably the better hand is the correct play. This is especially true if you think there is a decent chance of folding one or both blinds.

When checked to on the turn, I'd probably bet. If you are checkraised, you have an easy laydown. When the SB checkraises you on the flop and then checks the turn, he is likely to have something like bottom or middle pair and a gutshot. He didn't like the cold-call, so he checked the turn.

hockey1
10-13-2003, 12:57 PM
SB had Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif for a pair of queens. UTG+1 had K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, apparently calling two cold on the flop hoping for the inside straight. My pair of aces held up, and I missed a bunch of bets.

slavic
10-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Pre-Flop raise. You have a marginal hand that you should either fold or raise, in this case you can't fold.

Flop: The SB will do this to clear out the field when he holds a marginal hand. He would have bet or jsut called a flush draw. Personally I reraise here, though calling is likely best.

Turn: Bet, Bet, Bet

River:If I had bet the turn and reraised the flop, I'd have a better idea if EP has the flush. In this case I bet and call one raise.