PDA

View Full Version : Why are they pushing me the chips?

ElSapo
10-13-2003, 08:30 AM
Party 3/6, and the game is good. Lots of limping and not too agressive, though it has its moments.

UTG limps all-in for a buck. Two more callers, and I call with KTs. Next guy raises, two more cold call. The SB folds and the rest of us call the raise.
Eight see the flop.

Flop is 39K, two hearts, not my suit.

Three checks to me, I bet. Original PF raiser calls, next player raises. Three coldcalls and a fold, I call, PF raiser calls.

Seven still in the hand. (six, really, if you don't count the all-in guy who's in for a $9 side pot)

Turn is a 3. Again checked to me. I think the PF raiser either missed or can't beat top pair. The raise could be a draw. Or, I could be horribly behind. I bet it.

I bet, they all call.

River is a 4, no flush out there. Two players fold out of turn and it's checked to me. I check with the intention of trying to tell myself my hand can't possibly be good against this many players.

I check, PF raiser checks, the next guy bets. Folded back to me, I count the pot, close my eyes and call, and the PF raiser calls.

Does anyone fold this hand along the way Or pre-flop? The more I look at it, the more I think it looks a bit straightforward. I was just surprised, with 8 in the hand, at the result. Results below.

PF raiser had JJ, flop raiser had A9o.

Ed Miller
10-13-2003, 08:50 AM
Your hand looks like it has a good chance of being best on the turn. There is no reason why the four on the end should beat you. I'm not even remotely surprised that you won. I would have bet the river.

Bob T.
10-13-2003, 02:23 PM
After you don't get raised on the turn, I thought that your hand was good, I think that you should have made a value bet on the river.

Yeknom58
10-13-2003, 02:33 PM
Your check on the River probably got you at lest one more BB. BRILLANT. You meant to induce the bluff right!!
Seriously though I'm not at all suprised you won this hand on the turn I'm pretty sure your hand is good. You should have bet the river unless you were inducing a bluff.