PDA

View Full Version : A couple more hands

jstnrgrs
10-13-2003, 03:23 AM
Hand 1
Party .5/1
I'm dealt Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif two from the button.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, EP raises next player calls, I call (a mistake, right?), CO calls button folds everyone else calls.

FLOP:
3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB, BB, UTG check, EP bets, I raise button calls, folded back to EP who calls

TURN:
T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
EP checks, I bet, button calls, EP calls

RIVER:
9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
EP checks, I bet, everyone calls

I think calling two cold with this hand may have been a bit too loose, but I figured it was ok with the number of people in the pot, but what about my post flop play, should I have raised on the flop?

Hand 2
Paradise .5/1
I have Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in BB
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, EP calls, MP calls, then folded to SB who calls, I check
FLOP:
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, EP calls, MP folds, SB calls
TURN:
J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, I bet, UTG raises, EP folds, SB folds, I call
RIVER:
7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check, UTG bets, I call

all comments are appreciated

crockpot
10-13-2003, 04:02 AM
calling two cold is not a terrible play in hand 1, but the key is that you must play the hand well after the flop. if you allow yourself to get trapped for a lot of bets when you flop a mediocre hand you are better off just folding to begin with.

hand 2, a call is ridiculous once someone raises on the turn. in fact, once three people call your flop bet i would check and fold the turn, even if it was a queen. at best you are drawing to a split if a queen arrives, and it is much more likely that you are dead to running queens.

CMangano
10-13-2003, 04:08 AM
Hand 1 - I would fold pre flop. I like the flop raise, but the button calling 2 would scare me. There is not a single draw on this board. Once the EP just calls I have to assume that my Q has him beat. On the turn I would bet, but I would fold to a button raise. Once the button and EP call, I have to feel that I am ahead. I would also bet this river.

Hand 2 - The problem with leading out on this flop is you aren't going to gain anything from it. If someone has an A they are going to wait until the turn to raise. If no one has an A they are just going to call. Betting here gives you no information and sets you up for a turn raise if someone has the A. I would check and see what happens before deciding what to do. On the turn it's pretty obvious to me that UTG has an A, so folding on the turn should be very, very easy.