PDA

View Full Version : Q10s hand for review

Gomez22
10-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Paradise .50/1.00 (From my first session ever there). Loose/Passive table.

I'm UTG+2 with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, I call(was only seeing 9% of flops to this point, and this was the best hand for at least 30 minutes, so I figured I'd have the players to at least see the flop, since I had a feeling at least 5 others would call), MP folds, CO calls, button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

FLOP: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked around.

TURN: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hmmmmmmmm......

UTG+1 checked, I bet...... everyone folds.

Comments....? I didn't think anyone here would slowplay aces on the flop, so I figured if I got called, at least I had a flush draw coming. I guess no one had an ace.

tj00
10-12-2003, 11:54 PM
I think it is fine to play QTs in EP in a loose passive game. No one showed interest on the flop and you semi-bluffed your flush draw on the turn. This is a play I like to use as well. Well played.

revoohc
10-13-2003, 12:11 AM
I think your pre-flop call was a little loose. You need to be fairly tight with your playing when in the early positions since you have so many players still to come.

Also, I have found QT suited or unsuited to be a difficult hand to play and usually ends up costing me money.

I think you semi-bluff on the turn was good.

Check out Jones WLLH if you have not already. He gives a great breakdown of good starting hands for each position type.

HTH,

revoohc

Gomez22
10-13-2003, 12:16 AM
I have Jones already and I honestly believe his calls are a little looser than the ones I make for the majority of my play. As I said in my original post, I wasn't catching any cards, and had figured that I could take this opportunity to "vary" my play (Of course, at low limtis, that can be a little contradictory). Normally, I wouldn't play Q10s except from the blinds (Maybe the CO or button with enough limpers in front).

Anyways... thanks for the reply.....

chesspain
10-13-2003, 12:29 AM
I think you played it fine. If you need to play a marginal hand like QTs from EP in order to stay awake, it's cheaper than a cup of coffee /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ajizzle
10-13-2003, 12:40 AM
You should bluff more with this type of table.

Ed Miller
10-13-2003, 12:48 AM
Your preflop call is fine. Your turn bet is good.

ThingDo
10-13-2003, 01:03 AM
At the tables I play at "semi-bluffing" won't git rid of that large a field, I'm going to disagree with the others on this one.

ThingDo
10-13-2003, 01:07 AM
Woops... read the post wrong, thought you had more limpers than you did. Turn bet is correct.... I'm just stupid don't listen to me.

CMangano
10-13-2003, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I call(was only seeing 9% of flops to this point, and this was the best hand for at least 30 minutes, so I figured I'd have the players to at least see the flop, since I had a feeling at least 5 others would call)

[/ QUOTE ]

Allow me to quote "Zen And The Art of Poker."

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Rule #3: If you've been folding a lot, for a long time in the game, and you're starting to think that maybe it's time you get in and played a few hands again - that's not a good enough reason. Keep folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether QTs is worth a call in a loose passive game in EP is not for me to argue. My point is, however, that you shouldn't get into the attitude of making loose calls because you see a hand that is halfway playable for the first time in X amount of hands. I am sure there are players on here who have folded for an hour or more without playing.

As far as the hand, I think you played it just fine.

thwang99
10-13-2003, 07:51 AM
If it's low limits, there's no need to vary your play much. If you've been folding a lot, and then play a weaker hand and show it down, a really observant player will notice that you're just bored and itching to play weaker hands, IMHO.

If you're not getting cards, you're not getting cards, keep folding, and though QTs isn't bad, from very EP, it's probably a fold in most situations, I think. Well, I'm talking in general, of course your table, it might be correct to limp it preflop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Tony