PDA

View Full Version : JJ UTG+1.....What a board!!!!!

Gomez22
10-12-2003, 11:40 PM
Paradise .50/1.00 (I just signed up for the bonus, adn this is my second session.... Finding more fishy players here than I woulda thought..... more than Party, even).

I'm UTG+1 with: J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG folds, I open raise, folded to CO, who calls, SB folds, BB calls.

FLOP: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, CO calls, BB folds.

TURN: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, CO calls..... thinking... "Uh Oh.... This ain't good(There's lots of caliing statioins, here)

RIVER: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (I had to do a double take, here and make sure I saw what I thinked I saw....... yep.... I seen it /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

I bet, he raised, I reraised, he capped........

He showed pocket kings for the turned full house..... No idea why he didn't raise on the turn, but do you think I care?

Any opinioins on my play here?

BTW - My first straight flush since visiting the boards here.

revoohc
10-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Congratulations on the straight flush. I just had my first one ever yesturday. You will find that most of the .5/1 party players are extreamly loose/passive.

As far as your play on this hand, I think you played it perfectly.

You sound a lot like me. When you get a "scary" card, you should normally keep playing aggressivly until someone tells you they have a better hand. Normally on the turn/flop if I get a scarry card and am raised by another player, I'll evaluate odds, pot odds, and the player if I can. With loose/passive players, I usually call on the river. On the turn I'm more likely to muck especially if I am only running a pair.

HTH,

revoohc

Gomez22
10-13-2003, 12:01 AM
I try to do the same thing regarding scary cards..... My basic mental thought is, "Sonuvabitch.......". Then I start doing the math, algebra, calculus, trigonometry, etc..... and then I think about what kind of player I'm against, and then that damn buzzer all the sites have starts going off and I have to throw my scratchpad(just kidding....) away and make a gut-call......
Just kidding about the gutcall, but sometimes I DO get "woken" from my trance form those obnoxious buzzers.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

gonores
10-13-2003, 12:45 AM
You got a straight flush...good for you.

You played the hand perfect....better for you. Way to suck it up and bet the turn.

Doug