PDA

View Full Version : honored "to end up in bear scat"

Ed I
10-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Responce of Thimothy Treadwell after being warned by park rangers,game wardens and biologists not to venture so close to wild animals because it both you and the wild animal at risk. A few days ago Treadwell and his girlfriend, Amie Huguenard were mauled and partially eaten by grizzly bears. Two bears were shot and killed.For 12 years Treadwell had been spending his summers in Katmai National Park in Alaska. He ignored the warnings of experts and insisted that he had a special gift and that the bears accepted, even welcomed his presence.

Boris
10-12-2003, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He ignored the warnings of experts and insisted that he had a special gift and that the bears accepted, even welcomed his presence.

[/ QUOTE ]

very, very true. The only true love is the love of food.

Phat Mack
10-13-2003, 01:09 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DanS
10-13-2003, 05:37 AM
"To end up in Bearcat..."

Dude, did Boris eat a couple of people?

Also Boris, when the hell are you going to show up at Natedogg's home game again?

Dan

Ray Zee
10-13-2003, 09:50 AM
his practices were not so good. too bad they had or wanted to kill two of the bears that were just in their own area because of him. he was where he shouldnt be and two special bears paid the ultimate price.

Ed I
10-13-2003, 11:29 AM
True. This seems to be a trend in filmmakeing. In a BBC film, Grizzly Bears to Face, featuring filmaker Jeff Turner standing a few feet from grizzlys as they fished for salmon. In the film Turner suggests that the bears are gentle creatures much like humans.

Srerlig Miller,senior wildlife biologist for the National Wildlife Federation published a paper documenting that whenever a bear injured or killed someone in Alaska, there was a corresponding increase in bears killed"in defense of life and property."

Boris
10-13-2003, 12:10 PM
I'll show up when I get hungry again.