PDA

View Full Version : AKs in the BB

tj00
10-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Party $2/$4

In the BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP Limps, MP Limps, Buton Limps, SB Completes, I Raise, All Call

Flop [ 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, T /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

SB Checks, I Bet, EP Folds, Rest Call

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB Checks, I Check, Checked Through

River J /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB Bets, I Fold

Results to follow. I woudld be interested to see how you guys would play this hand. Comments Appreciated.

ThingDo
10-12-2003, 08:03 PM
This is a leak for me, however I find it to be VERY player dependent. I'm going to let someone else hand this.. I just wanted to bump this because I'd really like to hear responses.

gonores
10-12-2003, 08:11 PM
I think you played it perfectly fine.

tj00
10-12-2003, 09:48 PM
SB Bets, I Fold, MP Folds, Button Raises, SB Calls

SB T4o
Button 93 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I was curious to see who pushes this hand harder. I thought I played it pretty well. I was content to check and fold on the turn after 3 players called my flop bet.

ajizzle
10-12-2003, 11:17 PM
You played fine. The only other thing I can see you doing is check the flop and go for a C/r to buy a free card, but the way the table was playing (with everyone limping PF), you bet was perfectly correct, and it in fact got you a free turn. When you catch nothing, you need to fold.

It would have been interesting though if A or K of clubs came on the river.

chenyi
10-15-2003, 12:36 PM
I would play the same here too. Against 1 or 2 opponent you may try to bet the turn unimproved and hope to win right there. But time and time again I see my opponent calling me down with any pair. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

QnA
10-15-2003, 01:08 PM
You missed the flop. I say Check/Fold the flop. You need an A, K, or 2 diamonds since you are in an early betting position with 5 seeing the flop. You're clearly behind.

Noodles
10-15-2003, 01:17 PM
"The only other thing I can see you doing is check the flop and go for a C/r to buy a free card"

What does this mean to C/R to buy a free card,how does this get you a free card and you have to put 2 flop bet in anyway so how is it free?

Joe Tall
10-15-2003, 02:42 PM
I would have played it the same way.

I tried to sum up Big Slick in the Big Blind for thomastem here:

BS in the BB (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=372878&page=0&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

Peace,
JT

MaxPower
10-15-2003, 02:54 PM
It means to check-raise the flop, hoping that it will get checked around on the turn and give you a cheap card (1/2 price)

I see people do this all the time and it is a terrible play. It hardly ever works. You can't give yourself a free card if you don't have position.

Noodles
10-16-2003, 04:52 AM
Well when someone usually C/R s the flop and then check on the turn it usually means they havent got much.Most wouldnt try 2 C/Rs in a row.
and if your river card is good you will have to bet out and probably just get called,seems a strange play