PDA

View Full Version : I try not to see monsters...

Brian
10-12-2003, 06:58 PM
But they're always there. Party 3/6 game. Dealt J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif in EP. I raise, MP calls, LP calls, SB calls, BB folds. 4 to the Flop for 9sb.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I bet, MP raises, LP calls, SB calls, I re-raise, MP caps, everyone calls. 4 to the Turn for 25sb (12bb).

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I bet, MP raises. At this point I give him credit for either a set or a straight. LP calls, SB calls, I call. 4 to the River for 20bb.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I check, MP bets, LP folds, SB now raises, and I fold.

Okay, okay, don't fold overpairs in a big pot, but given the action I didn't think there was any way I was holding up. Results later.

-Brian

Max Weinberg
10-12-2003, 08:23 PM
Looks reasonable. Good slow-down on the turn and good fold on the river.

slavic
10-12-2003, 08:43 PM
With all those overcallers/raisers I lay this one down. I wouldn't like it but I'd lay it down .

chesspain
10-12-2003, 08:46 PM
I agree as well with the fold. If you weren't already beaten before the river, the second nine now makes it even more likely that you're deader than Ted Williams's head.

Brian
10-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Hey guys,

For anyone interested in the results, here they are:

MP has J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif for the flopped nuts.
SB has 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the rivered full house.
Turns out I was drawing extremely thin.... What else is new? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Brian

CMangano
10-13-2003, 03:09 AM
Usually a cap on the flop means a big hand. Not many players are going to cap this flop with A9 or a draw. I would have to put MP on at least 2 pair. I would check-call the turn and fold the river as well once SB raised (well, I think that is the right play but knowing me I would call).

Homer
10-13-2003, 03:21 AM
Flop - I would slow down after MP raises and LP and SB coldcall. I don't think you're getting much equity (is this the right word, I'm a dumbass) on a re-raise, and none of your opponents are going to fold for additional bets since they have already put two bets into the pot. I'd call and see what comes off on the turn. If it's a blank then I'd check to MP and use my newfound late position to my advantage. If LP and SB don't raise, I'd check-raise, since there's now a decent chance I'm ahead (you only have to worry about MP now since you know that LP and SB were not slowplaying). If either of them raise, I'd grudgingly lay it down.

Turn - I don't understand why you bet. I understand that many players will pump their draws on the flop, but I think most of the time after MP caps you are behind. I would check-call. Also, by checking, you can see what LP and SB do, and get away from the hand if one of them raises.

River - Yeah, definitely fold.

Just for kicks....

SB - K9s
MP - JTo
LP - ATo

-- Homer

Brian
10-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Hey Homer,

On the Turn, I felt that that LP and SB were both drawing to something. I also wasn't sure how badly MP had me beat, if he had me beat at all. So I bet in order to charge the other two players whom I felt were drawing and also to make sure that I was in fact behind and not ahead.

Obviously I was very wrong, as MP had me beat *really* bad and SB also had me beat, but at the time I thought that both the LP and SB were drawing and that MP may have been pumping top pair (I've seen many caps on the Flop from Party players with top pair) or two pair.

-Brian