PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Loose 3/6 Game

Redhotman
10-12-2003, 05:19 PM
This a loose 3/6 game, I'm in the Sb with 6h7d
5 people limp, I complete and BB checks.

FLOP
6s 7s 4d
I check. BB bets, call, call, call, raise, fold.
I reraise. BB calls and raiser calls.
TURN
4c
I bet, almost certain I have the best hand. Call, Call.
River
Ac
I go with my instinct on this play and check. BB bets, Raiser calls, I call.

Raiser was AsJs

How did I play?

ThingDo
10-12-2003, 05:21 PM
I'd bet out and fold to a raise on the river.

Redhotman
10-12-2003, 05:33 PM
I agree this is the correct play, but my instinct told me to check.

tiltboy
10-12-2003, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet out and fold to a raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I prefer a check-call here as there are many players at Party (he said loose so I naturally assume Party /images/graemlins/grin.gif) who'll try to steal this pot with a river raise when holding something like 55 or K6.

Joe Tall
10-12-2003, 10:13 PM
I fold preflop in the 1/3 SB scheme.

Bet this flop. Your top 2 is very vulnerable with a straight and flush draw out there.

Now that the turn paired the board and the Ace hit the river, you can fold to the river raise.

Save your results for a later time and you may get more action on your posts.

Keep posting, shamelessly,
Joe Tall

Redhotman
10-12-2003, 10:16 PM
It was actually 1.5/3.0 scheme.
I check raised the flop because I was 99% sure someone would bet, very loose table.

You are right, I shouldnt have posted the results so soon.

Joe Tall
10-12-2003, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check raised the flop because I was 99% sure someone would bet,

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you check-raise just because you knew you'd be able to?
Sounds like a case of FPS.

You should bet this flop because your hand is a vulnerable hand and if someone raises you can 3-bet.

Peace,
JT

Mangatang
10-12-2003, 10:38 PM
I don't think it's FPS at all. He said he was 99% sure it would get bet. Given that, the check-raise is the way to go. Like you said, his hand if vulnerable, so make 'em pay to pay to beat you.

ajizzle
10-12-2003, 11:36 PM
I raise river with two pair. I'm not afraid of Ax in this spot, and don't think someone would bet real aggresivly on the flop and turn with just one pair and an A. If someone beats me, good for them, but you win more bets in the long run by raising here.

Joe Tall
10-14-2003, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise river with two pair. I'm not afraid of Ax in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

When the board paired the turn, your 2 pair was counterfeited by an Ax holding w/the rivered Ace.

I really think betting out on the flop here is the best play and I'm surpirsed I didn't get any support, oh well.

Peace,
JT

Festus22
10-14-2003, 07:50 AM
I think check/call is better than bet and fold to a raise. I either case, you lose one bet to a better hand. But the check/call still gives you a chance to win the pot, the fold does not.

Jezebel
10-14-2003, 09:26 AM
I think the preflop call is a little loose.

On the flop I would lean toward a checkraise. In order to checkraise I would need to believe that the action would come from LP so that my raise has a chance of limiting the field. I think your reraise on the flop was good since you are making everyone between you and the flop raiser call two to continue.

Betting out on the flop puts the 8th bet in the pot and is less likely to limit the field of 6 players. Players acting behind are getting at least 8-1 on their money and can call with gutshots and flush draws correctly. If the checkraise works according to plan you can reduce their odds to 5-1. Now players with gutshot draws can't continue and flush draws must fear getting reraised by the LP flop raiser and may drop the hand fearing it will get capped between the two raisers.

Joe Tall
10-15-2003, 08:11 AM
A similar hand to your top two.

Top Two and some advice. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=372125&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)