PDA

View Full Version : Parcells continues to prove he's the best ever

Clarkmeister
10-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Vince who? What Parcells has done, and continues to do is simply amazing. I hate the Cowboys, but its hard not to appreciate this man's genius.

TimTimSalabim
10-12-2003, 04:47 PM
Dick Vermeil ain't bad either.

Utah
10-12-2003, 10:27 PM
The guy is unbelievable. Ya hate him, but you would kill to have him coach your team. He takes teams that are disasters and makes them winners.

Goes to show that leadership is everything.

andyfox
10-13-2003, 12:56 AM
As admired as Parcells is, I don't think people realize the enormity of what he's accomplished. The Giants had been woeful for 25 years before he made them into a contender, and then a Superbowl winner. Twice. The first time they had a great team. The second time, his team started 10-0 and then lost it's starting quarter. He won a 15-14 game against San Francisco in the NFC Championship game and then a 20-19 game against a far superior Buffalo team with his backup quarterback who had struggled to a 3-3 record while learning at the end of the season.

He then turned two other patsies into winners, leading one of them to the Superbowl. Al Davis had wanted the relatively unknown Parcells for Oakland before he got the Giants job. Anyone who knew Parcells in those days (yes, even Davis) could see he was something special.

IrishHand
10-13-2003, 04:55 PM
And people thought I was smoking crack when I was telling everyone before the year started that the Cowboys would go 9-7 with an off chance of a 10-6 wildcard year.

The man is simply coaching gold.

scalf
10-13-2003, 06:21 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.giflombardi, man...

vince was/is/will be the best to ever crack a jockstrapped monster...

winning ain't the only thing; but
vince....then everyone else...just like jim brown...gl /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

adios
10-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Just to give a different take, how many teams have the Cowboys beaten with an over .500 record? It's very early in the season and I think the Cowboys success this so far is indicitive of:

1. Dallas was terribly coached last year. They underacheived by a great deal.

2. Parcells is a great coach and does know how to get high performance from his available talent. Dallas does have talent.

3. Quincy Carter has a year of experience, well a .5 years anyway under his belt. He's just better due to that experience.

Greatest ever coach for Parcells? I don't know but certainly one of the great ones.