PDA

View Full Version : JJ on button

DaveB
10-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Hi - I recently started playing on Party's 1/2 shorthanded tables (6 player max). I've been doing fairly well but only logged 30-40 hours so far. The draw outs that happen are insanely frustrating tho :|

Anyway just wanted some opinions on this situation that comes up a lot. On the specific hand I had JJ on the button. All 3 limp to me, I raise and both blinds fold. UTG (who plays way too aggressively preflop) 3 bets, and all call. Should I cap here?

Flop is K rag rag. Checked to me, I bet, all call. Turn is Q. All check to me again and I check. This is really my question. Should I bet here? River was a 9, UTG+1 bets, I call and everyone else folds. He has pocket 9's. Now he probably would have called a bet on the turn, but who knows. I'm trying not to be results oriented /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the help.

soda
10-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Well, I wouldn't USUALLY cap the preflop - it doesn't really matter too much either way though. I'm sure you could argue this either way and not be terribly wrong.

On the turn, with so many people in - if I thought there was a good chance I might get raised, then I would check. I suppose this depends on how bad the turn card was. Sure it's an overcard, but is it also a straight card, flush card etc. If I don't feel that I'll get raised, even if I'm beat, I'll bet here and check down the river. For instance the board is now K42Qr - then I'd probably bet again when everyone checks it to me. I only fear KQ or a set. KQ is not likely due to flop action (or lack of) - same with a set. So, if the board looks safe, bet again. If it looks bad, go ahead and check it, then auto call any innocuous river from the overaggressive UTG punk.

Oh, most importantly, keep posting.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

soda