PDA

View Full Version : Mike Caro's Pro Poker Tells VIDEO

06-05-2002, 04:01 PM
Has anyone seen the video? Is it worth it? I'm going to be buying the book soon, and would like to know if I should shell out the cash for the book/video package.

06-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Forget the book. Buy the video. It's superior because you get to see the action instead of just pictures with commentaries beneath it. If you get a chance, also check out the videos hypnotist Marshall Sylver has made on the subject of persuasion. He's got a video tape where he teaches you precise ways to determine exactly when a person is being honest or dishonest. His stuff on tells is even better the Caro's.

06-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Wow, I say the opposite. Forget the video and buy the book. There's A LOT MORE info in the book.

06-06-2002, 08:51 AM
There's a lot more info in the book. It goes into details about why opponents act this way or that way. Things that are not that specific in the video. But, if you are like me, and you have a super visual memory, the video is certainly worth it.

I think every player should have both the book and the video in their poker library.

Nicolas

06-06-2002, 10:55 AM
The tells are pretty standard stuff... strong when weak and weak when strong. If you are playing with solid players then most of the tells will not be apparent. If you are playing w/ inexperienced or average lower limit players the tells are often noticed. I'll give you an example... I was playing No-Limit cash game about a month ago. A guy made a pre-flop raised that I called. The board came Q-7-2 rainbow and I had Q-T... he bet $150, I called. The turn was 9. He bet $100, I called. The river was a 3. He bet $300... I looked at him and asked him how much money he had left (trying to get a read on him) he said another $300 while he anxiously held the money over the pot like he wanted me to raise him... that is what I was looking for. I called... he turned over nothing (A-K) and said good call. This guy was a terrible player and had the common tells of a bad player. Although this was a rare occassion to see such an evident tell in no-limit, they do happen. I would suggest you read the book and also the video if you are not currently familiar with tells. It won't teach you any ground breaking stuff, I can assure you. It is a little expensive compared to the average poker stuff, but then again it all depends on the ROI (return on investment).

06-06-2002, 01:54 PM
One more question,

If I have watched all of these a couple of times:

http://www.planetpoker.com/mcu/library/tells/video_tell.html#

should I still get the video? Is there a lot more on the video? Are these from the video?

-Ryan!

06-09-2002, 10:21 PM

06-10-2002, 01:02 PM
Marshall's course for that is $395.00! That is an awful big price tag, you had better get your money's worth.

06-10-2002, 10:06 PM
Definitely a good video. It has paid for itself many times. You should view it and take notes. That is important. I think Caro did a nice job in spite of the annoying frigging bird and the somewhat stilted acting. Actually, Rick is in the video "Chips--chips", he exclains.

Please do not hold it against him (Rick)......unless, of course, it is a 25 yr old naked female body that you are holding against him.

06-26-2002, 02:36 AM

06-27-2002, 02:55 PM
Who are you in the tapes?

Just wan't to put a face to your name.

Nicolas

06-27-2002, 03:12 PM