PDA

View Full Version : 2 AA hands

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Party 3/6 this morning.

Hand 1

I've only been at the table one orbit. Not much of a read on anyone yet. A couple of recognizable calling stations at the table, but not involved in either hand.

I'm in the SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG raises, MP calls 2 cold, folded to me, I 3-bet, BB folds UTG caps, MP calls 2 more and I call. 3 to the flop, 12 sb (post-rake)

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, UTG raises, MP folds, I 3-bet, UTG caps, I call. HU, 10bb.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, UTG raises, I 3-bet, UTG caps, I call.

Now my brain says: "did she really cap preflop with TT?"

River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

OK. I'm stubborn. I bet, UTG raises, I call.

Comments?
________

Hand 2

A few hands later. I'm in MP (4 off the button) with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to me, I raise, only the blinds call.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Blinds check, I bet SB calls, BB folds. HU 3.5 bb

Turn: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I bet, SB raises, I just call and immediately question where my head is.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets and I call.

Comments? All flames welcomed. Results later.

brian0729
10-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Hand 1: I played a hand very similar to this on the 2+2 table I rasied UTG and GOT (3bet me with 55) he got his 5 on the flop. I played the same way you did in this hand and was basically flamed for not calling down after the turn raise. Im guessing you got showed TT or 55

Max Weinberg
10-11-2003, 03:39 PM
I think getting burned in hand one by being hyper-aggressive rubbed off into your play in hand two, which was very passive. I think you can slow down on the turn in hand one regardless of what you think UTG's pre-flop capping standards. On the other side of the coin, I think a three-bet is warranted on the turn in hand two. He probably just pulled an AJ or JT two-pair. If he caps then you can be worried about the straights that are out there.

lil'
10-11-2003, 04:07 PM
I would have 3-bet the turn for sure. I mean, against most reasonable opponents you are winning here. I probably would not have bet the river.

Hand 2 seems underplayed by you, obviously.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Hand 1: UTG turns over 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif Yikes!

Hand 2: Max nailed it. I was seeing monsters under the bed. SB has A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I take this one down.