PDA

View Full Version : deposit bonuses Paradise/Pokerstars?

Wyrm2
10-11-2003, 10:55 AM
I've gotten offers from both for 20% deposit bonuses for the next couple of days and I can only afford to do one of them. I'm a decent .50/1 player (about 3.5 BB per hour), which would be a better choice in terms of playability (ie-Where do y'all think the fishes will go?)

TobDog
10-11-2003, 11:26 AM
PM me the link to stars and take the Paradise. Actually, I think the games at stars are probably a little better. You might want to check the internet forum, I already play at paradise and there a quite a few people there but the games seem to be not as loose as say Party and I heard Stars has better players, but the also have more players(
not everyone can be an expert IMHO).

Good Luck

tobdog

crockpot
10-11-2003, 01:38 PM
my opinion is that the games at paradise are tighter but also much more passive. (i swear that half the people at this table will not raise pre-flop without at least kings.) for most the passive games will help more than loose games, so i vote paradise.

ramjam
10-11-2003, 03:35 PM
Playing 0.5/1.0 you will probably clear the bonus quicker at Paradise ($10 per 100 raked hands). At Stars, you will get $1 of bonus for every 5FPP earned - but at 0.5/1.0, it's likely that less than 50% of pots will reach the FPP-earning threshold of $10.

Also, the Paradise bonus is released in these $10 increments whereas with Stars you have to earn enough FPP to clear the whole bonus, at which time the whole bonus is released (but nothing before).

I don't know if these points are really relevant to your question - except that Paradise might allow you to get back to the fishpond at Party quicker.

Stew
10-11-2003, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've gotten offers from both for 20% deposit bonuses for the next couple of days and I can only afford to do one of them. I'm a decent .50/1 player (about 3.5 BB per hour), which would be a better choice in terms of playability (ie-Where do y'all think the fishes will go?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played at both and I think the games at Stars are a tad looser, but a lot more agressive at the 50 cent/1 dollar limit. I agree with Crock's statement that they Paradise games are a tad tighter, but definitely more passive.

I would say Paradise is where you should go. Mainly b/c the bonus is easier to clear. At Stars you need to gather aas many FPP as your qualifying deposit to release the bonus. In other words, if you depo $500, you need to get 500 FPP to clear the bonus of $100. You get a FPP at the 50 cent/1 dollar level for every pot that is raked at 50 cents. The pot must be ten dollars to do this.

At Para, you need to collect 100 points to clear 10 dollars of bonus, they release it 10 dollars at a time. To get a point, the pot must be raked. So, the pot must reach five dollars. much easier to clear.

Go with Paradise and be happy.

Wyrm2
10-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Thank you all... I'm probably going to go to Paradise, I have a soft spot for it because it was my first site, and the point about clearing quicker is sort of important to me... also, I don't care for the interface at Pokerstars /images/graemlins/smile.gif