PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 Flop checkraise and fold to 3-bet

PokerPrince
10-11-2003, 01:23 AM
Full 30-60 game with a few nice fishies. Three limpers to me in the SB and I complete with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB raises and all call back to me. This is more than likely a large pair or bulky Ace from what I've seen from this guy. I'm closing the action and call.

Flop-T /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, BB bets, one limper calls and I checkraise. BB 3-bets, limper folds and so do I. After looking back on this hand, I think betting out is a better play than the checkraise. Would like to know what you guys think. I put him on an overpair as he seemed to play very straight forward but also aggressive. He flashes me the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif for a big draw. How do you play my hand given the situation? Do you muck if you take the checkraise route or continue on?

PokerPrince

andyfox
10-11-2003, 01:50 AM
You're getting 16:1 to call his 3-bet. The chances that you're ahead, plus the chance that if behind you can outdraw him, plus the chance that he has just overcards or a draw would be enough for me to continue.

I'd have bet the flop; if he raises, well at least that affords an opportunity to clear out the rest of the field and provide some protection for my vulnerable top pair of tens.

You see this type of play, the 3-bet with position and just a draw, much more often in 30-60 and up than in smaller games. It's the rare opponent against whom I'm folding in this situation.

PokerPrince
10-11-2003, 02:18 AM
Ya I agree. If I had to narrow down my largest leak it's making big laydowns that should be calls. Would you call down to the river if you didn't improve and no K,Q,J,or spade comes?

PokerPrince