PDA

View Full Version : Question About Suited Cards

Sven
10-10-2003, 11:47 PM
I've got about 4-5 weeks under my belt with playing holdem and after listening to the people on the forum my game has made a nice change to the positive /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks Everyone! None to the question:

Being I'm only playing Groups 1 - 4 of HPFAP when I get Axs or Kxs is it worth playing to at least the flop? If so whats the best way to play these?
Mike

crockpot
10-10-2003, 11:51 PM
the big thing about these cards is that you really do not want to pay two bets to see the flop. thus, unless everyone behind you is quite passive, play them only from late position in unraised pots.

also, not all Axs are the same. in a fourhanded pot, i could easily see A8s being worth playing while A2s is not, because the 8 may make top or middle pair for you.

Gomez22
10-10-2003, 11:58 PM
I'd agree with crock here.....

AXs can be tricky to play... you either flop the nut flush or a draw to it, or you flop an ace with a weak kicker(we won't talk about flopping your companion card to your ace).
I only play AXs from the blinds. Also from the button and cutoff if at least 3 or more limpers are in. If it's raised PF, depending on the position of the raiser, I will only call if in the blinds(remember.... this depends on where the raise came from... not real important at low limits sometimes).

KXs is even more trouble than AXs...... I generally stay away fromit unless in the blinds.... sometimes I will play from the CO or button, but I like to have lots(4 or 5 minimum) of players along for the ride and no raises in front of me.

Sven
10-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Ok thanks was just curious about it because it does pop up when playing and I know A9x and below are not on HPFAP's goups 1 -4 which I'm playing now. Good info thank you...

Mike

Sven
10-11-2003, 12:06 AM
Great info and thanks for replying to it. I'm sure some people don't have the time for a newbie and I do apprecaite everyone's comments /images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks again Mike