PDA

View Full Version : 30-60, Turn Decision

Jacob
10-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Playing a private game in Houston, 30-60. 10 players. I am the button with Ac3c. MP limps, Cutoff calls. I haven't played a hand in almost an hour and decide to raise.

SB calls, BB 3 bets. Everyone calls.

Flop 6cKsQs. Everyone checks to me. I think about betting but decide to check. Is that a good play.

My first time playing there so don't really have a major read on the players.

Turn Ah. SB bets, BB calls, Cutoff calls. What would you do?

Call, Fold or Raise.

Thanks for your response

Schneids
10-11-2003, 06:52 AM
Firstly, I'd be awfully suspicious of the BB's 3-bet PF and the check on the flop with that board. That, coupled with the fact the turn has brought a better and two callers, I'm pretty sure I'd fold here. At the minimum, I wouldn't be surprised to see an AQ out of one of the three involved players (most likely being the SB).

How did this hand end up?

Ed Miller
10-11-2003, 08:59 AM
You should call. You will commonly be behind, but sometimes you won't, and the pot is laying you 11.5-1 on your call, closing the action. Additionally, if you are behind, it will often be to a hand like A8, against which you have a boatload of outs (any 3, 6, or 9-K). Your hand doesn't look great, but the price is too nice to drop out now.

Doing a quick hand-reading, you are probably ahead of both the BB and the CO. The BB probably has no better than either JJ or TT (though could possibly be making a very dubious slowplay). The CO.. who knows.. but usually it won't beat your aces. The SB is likely to have a real hand, though, and often it will beat yours. If the SB is loose-aggressive, you might even want to raise for value (perhaps intending to check the river), as you very likely have the other two beaten.

In any event, folding is out. The pot is too big. Also, your check on the flop was wise. You have a hand that would like to see the turn and really cannot afford to be checkraised. A bet on the flop will basically never take it down. So start thinking of how you plan to spend the $30 you saved and check behind.

Ed Miller
10-11-2003, 09:41 AM
The pot is laying you 10.5-1, and an ace is also obviously an out against A8. None of the meat of my answer is affected, but I don't like to consciously leave a post with two errors. One I sometimes let slide... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DanZ
10-11-2003, 11:59 AM
well, we should be able to say the BB has JJ at this point, prehaps TT and really out there would be AJs or ATs. With this many callers, your hand is likely no good, but you might justify seeing the river for a bet, hoping to chop or catch a presumably live 3. It is also possible an ace wins it for you, as the SB could have KQ or even KXs for 2 pair. I would say call it and see what happens on the river. It may even get checked around, leaving you with a winner, but I would expect you would need to improve to win or chop.

Dan Z.

Dan Z.

Jacob
10-11-2003, 01:09 PM
I thought about it and folded. It was 3 bets before the flop and SB leading into 4 players on the turn. With 2 others calling I didn't think my hand was any good.

The river was a rag. SB bet again and BB called, Cutoff folded.

SB won with K2 for a pair of Kings. BB folded without showing.