PDA

View Full Version : What is your Madden 2004 secret?

gonores
10-10-2003, 07:04 PM
I got schooled last night playing Madden because I just don't have the time to play as much as my buddies do. I'm not looking for cheat codes or Madden cards...just basic strategy and execution tips when playing h2h with a live human (not online....haven't tried it since I owned a Dreamcast, when the lag was terrible.)

Bonus Madden question: what position do you play on defense and why? No matter what team I play on I always play MLB. It's the easiest position to play if you can detect deficiencies in your other players on defense because you can compensate for almost any deficiency in pass coverage.

BTW, the Madden series is the one and only reason I own a Playstation 2. Honestly, I own every year of the series and these are the only games I own for the system other than the 2003 edition of EA's college football release.

Doug

Clarkmeister
10-10-2003, 07:08 PM
No tips really, but I highly recommend playing your PS2 Madden online. I've logged about 30 hours and have experienced virtually zero lag.

MaqEvil
10-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Make your own playbook. I made a nice shotgun formation with 1 WR on the left side and 2 on the right, a RB on my QB's right and a TE on the left side pass blocking. My favorite play in this formation has the left and right WRs streaking, the middle-right WR running up slightly, then cutting into the middle and the RB going towards the sideline, then upfield. If I can't get single-coverage on my streaking WRs, the RB is almost always wide open for a first.

CrackerZack
10-11-2003, 06:16 AM
Play a few games and learn to run the ball up the middle. Its really not that hard to learn to pick up 5-6 yards vs a pass defense. Look for plays where the WRs head down field and the TE runs a small out. In many defense's the MLB is supposed to cover the TE and if he breaks off from the line and heads for the sideline the MLB has no chance of getting there before you get him the ball for 10 yards. If the safeties move forward a bit before the snap its not always a blitz, but usually they won't double team the wideouts also. It is a great series.

warlockjd
10-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Play NFL2K4 Instead /images/graemlins/wink.gif